10- Huh?

~Belle's POV~

"What's a mate?" I asked, still not believing what I'm hearing. I tried not to make it noticeable, but I got closer the the edge of the bed, in case I needed to run. I'm terrified. I might get killed today. By a werewolf! I was speaking uneasy, trying to not make it noticeable that I was actually scared.

"Sorry, I never watched Twilight." I shrugged, making him chuckle.

"Well like you have your god, we have the moon goddess. You know how wolves howl? We are howling at the moon goddess. And what she does, is she puts werewolves together. Like soulmates. We are meant to be together. We feel sparks. We have a pull together. We are going to want to be with each other, every single second of every day. There's one thing though. If you decide to reject me, then we'll die. Sometimes it's months or years. I really don't know what it's going to be like with you. I've never heard of mating with a human." He explained, his face showing confusion. I nodded, my eyes being wide open since he mentioned that we would die. I can't reject him then. I can't.

"I need to know more." I mumbled, knowing that I'm going to have to know everything if I'm going to want to at least try to make this work.

"Well alphas lead the pack. I just got the alpha title handed down to me from my father a few months ago because he passed away. Usually the oldest of the siblings get the alpha title. Well the alpha overrules the whole pack. All decisions up to him. Well when the alpha has a mate, she becomes the luna. You're the luna. She is as equal as the alpha. We rule the pack together. Your pack will die, to protect the people higher than them. Like you and me." My eyes widened.

"Why would they do that?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"Because they know that we need to protect our pack. We do so much for them, and they do everything to help us in return. They know that we have a pack to control and if they lose one of the alpha or luna, they would most likely lose both." I nodded. One of them would kill themselves.

"I-um. I need some time," I mumbled, slowly walking over to the door. Once I realized that I didn't know where to go in this giant house, Justin was right next to me.

"Here, this is the pack house. Follow me, I'll get you home safely." He turned a corner, me following right behind him.

"Most of the pack lives here. It's a huge property in the middle of the woods. Some family's go and get a house a few miles away, so they don't have to deal with the crowded environment and can be more to themselves. I live here, I actually took you to a smaller house in town. It's just a house to relax, and if I need a quiet place to think about the pack and deals. Alice goes there a lot because she doesn't like being around all of the people at the pack house." He explained as we finally walked out of the door. I nodded, hopping into his truck.

"How many cars do you have?" I ask, wondering if he only has the two.

"I have the truck and the BMW i8, the truck is usually driven here, and the BMW everywhere else in town." He drove out of the woods, and wow, the property they had was huge! He started explaining more things again.

"Like alpha's, there are also Beta's. They are the second in command. Mine is actually my best friend. It's Joey. There are also Deltas's, and that's Alex. " My eyes widened.

"Wait, so everyone in our school is a werewolf?" I gasp, not realizing how weird people were acting until now. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Not everyone, but a lot of them. They're all in my pack." A light bulb went off in my head.

"Oh, that's why everyone loves you. And you can walk around the school like you own the place." I say, rolling my eyes.

"That's not true, it's because I'm so dashingly handsome. Who wouldn't love me?" A smirk appeared on his face as he laughed.

"Cocky," I mumbled softly under my breath. He gasped and put a hand on his heart, the other still on the steering wheel.

"I can hear you, you know. At least say that when I'm not in werewolf hearing distance." He groaned as I laughed.

"Did Joey or Alex find their mates yet?" I question, not seeing him with any girl. He shakes his head.

"No actually, they haven't." He shrugs. We pull into my driveway and I nod my head at him.

"Thank you," I mumble, opening the door. "I'll let you know when I figured everything out I guess." I sigh, hopping out of the truck, seeing my moms car in the driveway. I groan, knowing I haven't seen her in about a week. We just never crossed paths and I'm glad about that.
I unlock the front door, peeking my head around the corner, seeing my mom in the kitchen. 

"Where have you been! I can't believe you, whoever you're hanging out with you need to stop." She yelled, scolding me as I walked through the door.

"Oh those people who you 'smelt' on me. I know they're werewolves and I'm pretty sure you are too." I yelled back, crossing my arms across my chest as I walked through the living room to the kitchen. She scoffed and then lowly chuckled. 

"I am not, and will never be one of those dogs." She looked me straight in the eye as she said that, also crossing her arms. 

"Oh, so it's true. You know who they are. Then why don't I? I mean if you're so familiar with them." I laughed slightly, turning around and walking up the stairs. I knew she wasn't gonna answer that because of the furious look on her face. Well sorry sweetie, but I'm right, and you're wrong.

A.N

HEY GUYSSS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR....436 READS! And I'm also number 950 In werewolf AHHH! It means the world to me if you're one of the people reading this book. I have to go to Acro right now but I thought I'd finish this chapter really quick so you guys have something to read. Well I have to go fold my back in half right now so bye my lovlieeeessss❤️❤️❤️

QOTD- What's your favorite candy bar?

AOTD- Snickers😍😍

Word count- 1121