17

Xavier (still) 3 days after the inncendent.

I got a phone call and immediately answered it.

"Mason," I said. "Mason," Matt greeted me. "Hey man, I haven't talked to you in a while. How have you been?," I asked him. "Fine, I guess. How are you?," he asked me. I sighed, "lots of stuff has happened," I told him. "Any girls you got?," I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Yeah, me and Vanessa are dating," I said. "Oh...good for you, I guess?," he said it as more of a question. "Where have you been lately man?," I asked.

"I've been hanging out with Sam and Rodney. But I haven't heard from Sam in a few days," Matt said.

"Sam as in, was in Vanessa's gang?," I asked. My blood boiled at the mention of him.

"Yeah, do you know where he is?," Matt asked. "He's dead," I spat. "Oh, shit. Thats not good," he mumbled the last sentence.

"What do you mean?," I asked him. "Nothing. How's Vanessa?," he asked. "In a coma because of that- ugh. Sam," I gritted out his name. "Oh.....I've got to go bye," he hung up before I coukd answer him.

I pulled the phone away from my ear with a confused expression on my face.

Was Matt in with Sam's plan?

I shook my head and looked down at Vanessa. She can't catch a break. I haven't been able to save her either.

The door opened and in came Oliver and Cameron. Oliver was released yesterday and him and Cameron have been inseparable ever since.

"Hey guys," I greeted them. "Hey Xavier," they said back. Then looked at Vanessa.

"Another day, and she'll be awake," Cameron sighed.

"I'm already awake you dumbass'," we all jumped and stared at her.

I smiled and hugged her. "Okay, gorilla arms. You crushing me," I laughed lightly and pulled away, mumbling a small sorry.

"Little sis!," Cameron squealed as he hugged her closely.

She giggled and hugged him back.

"Same problem here, Cam, your killing me," she coughed.

Cameron then pulled away and just smiled.

The doctor then came in and checked her wounds. "You'll be able to leave by tomorrow. And, I'd like not to see you all again for a while," Dr. Reed said. Vanessa smiled, "we don't want to be here either. Trust me."

Dr. Reed shook his head with a smile before leaving.

....

Next day

"Tonight. We are all going to my house and getting drunk," Vanessa declared as she walked out of the bathroom, fully clothed. She wore black, ripped skinny jeans, a loose gray t-shirts that reached right below her belly button, a leather jacket and black combat boots.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her forehead. "I'll get Jackson to pick them up. We're all to young except for Oliver," I told her. She nodded and we made our way out of the hospital. "We're going in my car. You love birds drive safely!," Cameron called. I rolled my eyes as Vanessa shouted, "Don't die!."

I got into my drivers seat as she got into the passenger.

"To your house?," I asked her. "To my house."

....

I called Jackson as I drove and told him to bring lots of drinks to Vanessa's house.

Now we are all sitting in her living room, Vanessa and Cameron were drunk off their minds and me, Jackson, and Oliver watched as they were complete idiots.

"Okay okay. I don't understand," Cameron whined. "How do you not understand? All you do is this," Vanessa opened a beer with her hand.

"But, I still don't understand," he pouted.

We snickered at the two.

Vanessa then walked over to me and sat on my lap, straddling me.

I rose an eyebrow at her. She giggled before kissing my neck.

"Vanessa!," Cameron whined. She ignored him as she trailed up my neck.

"Come on guys," Jackson groaned. "This is very disturbing," Oliver mumbled.

Vanessa nipped at my ear. "Vanessa, baby," I whispered. She hummed jn response. "We'll continue this later, okay?," I asked her. She pulled away and grinned before pecking my lips and getting up.

"That's all you get for the rest of tonight," she said as she pointed at me with her hand on her hip.

I gaped at her as the 3 boys laughed.

"B-but-," she cut me off by sticking a beer into my mouth.

I pulled it out as she went into the kitchen. "That was so uncool," I groaned.

"Hey guys," Cameron slurred. "Tomorrow since my birthday was ruined, we're going swimming then fighting," he declares in his drunk state.

I shook my head as I chugged my beer.

I got up once I finished my beer and went jnto the kitchen, but stopped when I saw Vanessa with a note in her hands. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind.

"What's that?," I asked her. "Umm...its nothing," she mumbled as she folded it up and put it in her front pocket of her jeans.

"Babe, why are you hiding stuff from me?," I asked her. "Its nothing. I promise," she seemed to have sobered up. I leaned down and placed a kiss on her neck.

I heard a soft sniffle and turned her around in my arms to see a stray tear roll down her cheek.

I wiped it away, "baby girl. What was on that note?," I asked her.

She sighed and pulled the note out before handing it to me.

-Vanessa

I hope your having fun while it lasts because, it wont last for much longer. No matter how much you want a normal life, you'll never get it. As long as I'm alive, your life will be dreadful.

You've met me before, but it was a while ago. It was with John, your fake dad. He ruined me by stealing my son. I don't know if he's alive or not but, either way it ends the same for you.

With you dead and me watching you.
Always

-M

I looked up at Vanessa. "Who is this?," I asked her. She shook her head, "I only slightly remember him. I think his name was Marcus a-and his sons name was Sam. That Sam," she mumbled the last part.

"Shit," I mumbled. "I'm so sorry, baby girl," I hugged her close to my body, "your life will never be normal," I heard her sigh before she pulled away, "I chose this path. I have to follow it now."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Another 5-6 chapters and the book will be over! But, I might make a second book. Just comment if you think I should!