Chapter 9 Just This Once

MysteriouzMe here is your double update. Thanks for the support!!

------
Gajeel Pov.

I walked down the street on my way to school. Two days ago I saw Lucy again. I wasn't exactly happy with what I saw. Something was wrong and what happened confirmed my thoughts.

As I walked Juvia joined me. "Gajeel?"

"Hmm..." I said still lost in my thoughts.

"I am scared." I froze in my tracks. Juvia didn't speak in third person. This was serious. This had only happened once before and it was during a traumatizing time that Lucy helped with.

I turned to her and brushed the tears off her face. "Me too." I admitted. "But that is no reason to cry. We love Lucy and we know how strong and stubborn Lucy is. We know how much she cares about everyone. Its about time we return the favor. We have turned into people Lucy would not have approved of."

She nodded her head at me. "Juvia thinks Gajeel is right. Lucy was there for Juvia when Juvia was sad. Its time for Juvia to be there for Lucy. It's not a time for Juvia to be scared. Its time for Juvia to be strong and brave for Lucy because that's what Lucy did for Juvia."

I smiled as we continued to walk to school. As we walked in people scurried away from us.

I spotted Levy across the room at her locker where she was being shoved around by a few upperclassmen. One girl knocked her books out of her hands before stretching a hand around her boyfriends arm and walking away laughing as Levy struggled. I stormed over and cleared my throat. Levy looked up at me with fear in her eyes. Fear that I had invoked, I immediately felt terrible and glanced away.

"I think your forgetting something." I said to the girl. She immediately dropped to the floor and helped picking up books glaring at me, but still too afraid to oppose me.

"Juvia thinks you should all apologize." She said cocking her head to the side as she put her umbrella in front of her like a weapon. Creepy and menacing. They all began to mutter there apologies. I looked to the boyfriend who had green hair. He stayed silent.

"Hey broccoli head." We are waiting.

"Who do you think you are!?" He lunged at me.

I caught him by the throat slamming him against a locker. Everyone in the hall who wasn't watching before now had their eyes on us. "Names Gajeel." I said slowly. He immediately paled at the name.

"C-chill man. We have been picking on her everyday for months, and you stole her lunch money the other day. Why does it matter to you what happens here?"

I saw red. "It matters because she is close to someone I care a lot about."
I pulled my hand back ready to punch him when a small hand wrapped around my fist. All attention was drawn to her.

"Don't Gajeel. Just stop." She said. I looked at Levy still ready to punch the guy when she said four magic words. "It's not worth it."

I was immediately brought to a memory of a small girl with blonde pigtails. After a moment of hesitation I released the guy air rushing back to his now red face. He scrambled on the floor away from me. The hall still silent.

I looked at the crowd. A mixture of faces greeted me, surprised, relieved, but mainly and most disgustingly disappointment. Disappointment that I had stopped them from bullying Levy and that there was no fight.

I stood tall pulling the Levy closer to me. I saw Erza storming towards me ready to both free Levy from what she assumed were to be more bullying from me and to give me detention for the violence.

I looked at the crowd smiling a little. The disappointed faces turned into ones of excitement preparing for her to be embarrassed. I felt her stiffen probably expecting the worst as well.

"The shrimps with us!" I said gesturing to Juvia. "There better be no problems from now out!" I yelled my face dropping into a glare.

"Scatter." Juvia said a black aura surrounding the frozen figures. I made eye contact with Erza through the rushing figure.

My blood ran cold fearing the worse that was to come from the wrath of the demon Erza itself.

She stayed where she was and held up her pointer finger. She mouth three words to me and walked away.

I walked Levy to her class and thought about Erza and what she had said before she pretended she had seen nothing. She had shown me mercy, something she had never done before. I came to one conclusion as i thought about her words, maybe she wasn't as heartless as we thought.

"Just this once."

---
Word count - 814

Not one of my best but I hope this was okay. I will try to update soon.

Vote, comment, follow, for faster updates.

~Rockster123456