I

Peggy Schuyler was known as one of the most beautiful of the Schuyler family. Peggy was the youngest out of her sisters, Elizabeth and Angelica. Eliza was always focused on making sure other people were happy and Angelica was always focused on finding love and happiness. And Peggy? Well, exactly that. 'And Peggy.' 

Peggy was only known for her beauty. She spent most of her time inside her family's mansion or with her sisters, she wasn't outgoing like Eliza or alluring like Angelica. She was just... Peggy. And frankly- she was okay with that. She didn't want the attention Angelica got and she didn't want the boys all over her that Eliza got. She was happy being 'just Peggy.'

It was a Friday night, two days until the 'Schuyler Ball,' to which the Schuyler family invites their entire neighborhood, friends, family, and whoever is in best taste to attend, and they celebrate Philip and Catherine Schuyler's anniversary. All the Schuyler siblings were excited to dress up and party their hearts out- except Peggy Schuyler. 

A soft knock came to Peggy's bedroom door. Before Peggy could even say 'come in,' the door opened. Eliza and Angelica ran inside, shut the door behind them, and jumped on Peggy's bed cheerful as ever. 

"What's gotten into you to?" Peggy asked as Angelica and Eliza calmed down from the jumping.
"Friday night shopping sprees!" Angelica and Eliza cheered. 
Peggy rolled her eyes. "Have fun."
"Peggy, you're coming with us," Angelica responded.
"In your dreams," Peggy groaned- she wasn't a shopping type.
"Too bad. You need an outfit for the ball," Eliza remarked. "Do you REALLY think Mom and Dad would give us a choice to take you or not?"
"Gee, I feel SO wanted!" Peggy sarcastically exclaimed.
"Oh shush. We would have taken you anyways," Angelica said. "Get out of your shorts and your baggy shirt, do you hair, put on some jeans and let's go. We're leaving in twenty."

Eliza and Angelica hurried out of the room before Peggy could argue, and shut the door behind her. Peggy groaned and walked to her closet and just put on black ripped jeans, a yellow plaid shirt with a white tank top, and black boots. She quickly brushed her hair and tossed it in a messy bun, slipped Aviator's over her head, grabbed her purse and walked downstairs. 

Ten minutes after, footsteps hurried down the flights of stairs followed by giggles and laughter. Angelica plopped downstairs in a light pink bodysuit with a black shirt and black heels, followed by Eliza in white jeans with a white tucked in tank top and a light blue over-jacket and light blue platform shoes. 

The sisters said goodbye to their parents and headed outside for Angelica's Lexus. Peggy sat in the backseat and listened to music through headphones until they arrived at the mall. Angelica parked and all the girls headed inside to do some shopping. Angelica and Eliza instantly headed into Charlotte Russe to do dress shopping, and Peggy went off on her own. 

Peggy walked around the mall and ended up going into Glitterati. The store played beautiful music as she walked around and grabbed any dress she liked. After Peggy finally decided on a long yellow gown with a silver corset, she found a pair of silver heels and went to the register. After waiting in line, she tossed her stuff on the counter and waited for the clerk to scan everything. 

"How are you today?" He asked.
"Fine." Peggy simply asked, she hated small talk. 

While he was scanning her dress, she got a good look at him. He was a taller younger man, looked maybe eighteen. He had short dark brown hair and light brown eyes, followed by a freckled face. She put her Aviators over her eyes and began playing on her phone. 

"Did you find everything you needed?" He asked. 
"If I didn't, would I be in this line?" Peggy snapped.
"Just making sure," he remarked, she rolled her eyes. "Total is 167.87."

Peggy tossed her debit card on the counter without looking, he grabbed it carefully.

"Can I see some I.D?" He asked, Peggy groaned, reached into her wallet, and tossed her I.D.

He checked the I.D and the debit card, smiled, and handed it back. Peggy swiftly took it and shoved it back in her over-filled wallet. 

"Schuyler, huh?" He asked as he swiped her debit card and handed it back.
"Mhm." Peggy groaned again. "Why do you care?"
"Mr. Schuyler is good friends with my roommate, Alexander. He was invited to a Winter's Ball this Sunday-"
"Everyone was invited to the ball. Don't feel special," Peggy interupted. 
The man laughed. "Then I'll look forward to seeing you Sunday." 

He handed Peggy her bag, and she grabbed it, without breaking contact. "That's a first."
"What do you mean?" He asked, Peggy scanned his name tag- 'John.'
"Surprised you're not only going to see the stunning Angelica or the beautiful Eliza." Peggy giggled at her own remark.
John laughed. "Who?"

Peggy stared at him. Has he not heard of Eliza or Angel?

"Elizabeth and Angelica Schuyler? The eldest and second eldest Schuyler sisters?" Peggy dragged.
"Oh. Yeah. I've heard of them," John responded. "Well, I'll see you then, Peggy Schuyler."

Peggy raised an eyebrow, rolled her eyes, and walked out the store.