X

The next few days passed, and John and I kept in touch with texting and FaceTime. The weird part was that the girls had been leaving me alone, especially Eliza. Angie would shoot me dirty looks whenever John's name was brought up, but Eliza just minded her own business for once. My mom supported me unconditionally, my dad didn't really seem to care. If I was happy he was happy.

By twelve o' clock the next day I was ready to go. I wore a white, backless romper with yellow flowers and strap up white heels. My makeup I kept basic with eyeliner, mascara, highlight and eyebrows, and my hair I curled in a half up half down style. I grabbed my newest purse and filled it with my wallet, keys, phone, lip gloss, and perfume just to make sure I stayed good the whole time, and before I knew it, John was outside.

I said goodbye to my mother and father and headed outside, where John was standing outside his truck on the passenger side. I hurried over into his arms to which he picked me up and hugged me, before gently placing me back on my feet and opening the door for me. I hopped in and strapped my seatbelt in while John hurried to the driver's side, getting in, and taking off down the street.

"So what does the great John Laurens have in store for me today?" I asked while taking my phone out and plugging it into the aux cord.
"For the beautiful Peggy Schuyler? Anything she desires." I felt my cheeks get hot. "But for today, it's a surprise."

I laughed, and let John drive. His hair was gelled into his regular style and his dark stubble laid on his face as usual. Even dressed the same as always he still managed to look amazing in every single way. He wore dark blue jeans with slits in the knee, with a black t-shirt and a red flannel on top, followed by dirty Nike high tops. My sisters would be so disappointed, and I thrive off that.

John drove for a little over an hour, we stopped for some snacks and a coffee which he bought for me, while I sang out loud to my favorite songs blasting through the car. He knew a few of them, some he butchered the words- but he still tried.

Soon enough, the scent of salt water and sand filled
my nose as seagulls flew over the car, squawking at everyone and everything for their food. I looked around and saw the ocean water followed by a dew dozen boats docked in the water, some with people
around and some leaving or returning to shore. John pulled through to the dock parking area and paid to park, before getting out of the truck and hurrying to open my door for me. I got out and looked around at the boats, wondering which one we were using.

"You're taking me on a boat ride?" I asked.
"Yeah. You showed me what it's like in your fancy rich life, I think it's my turn to show you the other side." He replied with a smile.
"Which one?" I asked as I gazed the boats.

John turned me slightly to the right and pointed at one of the boats. It had a back entrance that seemed to lead into a living room, with a ladder on the side that lead up to a smaller platform with a diving board hanging over the side, followed by a second ladder leading to a smaller platform with a sterling wheel up top. Although born rich, my father never bothered on spending money on boats or helicopters, they were too 'cliche for a well known family.'

"Wow..." I stood in awe as I admired the ride. "You drive?"
"I do, but tonight I got someone else to, so I could spend my time with you," John smiled, which made my heart skip eight beats at once.
"What are we waiting for?" I asked excitedly.

John smiled and held my hand and walked me towards the boat. A man older than John and I stood on the dock, wearing black shorts with a light blue polo, followed by black oakleys. He grabbed my other hand and held me get on board, and John followed after me. The driver began to head up to the steering wheel and get ready to take off while I admired the boat.