V

Peggy's alarm woke up at 4:30 AM. Peggy forced herself out of bed and dressed as lazy as she could. Unfortunately in the life of a Schuyler, it's rare to find something NOT from Charlotte Russe or Hollister.

Peggy put on a pair of ripped blue shorts, a yellow plaid shirt, brown combat boots and a black hat. She tied her hair in a high ponytail and did no makeup. She wanted to prove to John that she wasn't just a rich girl.

Peggy went downstairs and quickly ate a bowl of cereal. She packed a few granola bars and waters into her backpack, and by the time she was done, she saw a red pick-up truck roll up out front.

Peggy ran outside and hopped into John's truck, and John was off. They drive for a few minutes in silence besides the radio. John was a man with few words.

"So where are we going?" Peggy asked.
"Hiking remember?" John replied.
Peggy rolled her eyes. "More specifically, please."
"You'll find out soon," was all John said.

I rolled my eyes and let John continue to drive. He put on some music radio station and drove while singing the words to the songs he knew. I started realzing the sightings as the got closer and closer. Similar homes and small shops, but what gave it away, was the smell.

"Welcome to Hampton Beach," John said.

peggy

I smiled and watched the similar sightings until John paid for his parking spot. We got out and grabbed our backpacks, locked the truck, and started walking. John talked most of the way but I didn't listen. The view was so gorgeous, especially this early. The sun was barley rising above the horizon, and I fell in love with it, it took my breath away.

"Peggy?" John's voice snapped me out of my trance.
"Hm?" I asked.
John laughed. "Did you hear anything I said?"
"Not one word," I responded. Honesty is key.
John laughed again. "Guessing the view is distracting huh?"
"More like your voice is distracting from the view." I replied as I went back to looking at the horizon. "I wish I had a camera right now."
"Surprised you don't have one already," John smirked.
"I want one. But I don't know the first thing about photography," I responded.
"That's the great thing about photography. You don't need to know anything except how to take a picture," he replied.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, facing him again.
"Since when are there rules to photography? You can do whatever pleases you," he continued.

I didn't know what to say back. He was right, but there was more I could say to start an argument. But I figured I'd just let it be, and we continued our walk. We walked in silence for about five minutes of me just admiring the view and John admiring, well, me. John put on some kind of playlist off of his phone which I didn't complain about.

We walked over the rock area and up through hills and such, but for the most part, John had to pull me up. About forty minutes into hiking around the beach, he pulled me up one final hill and stood up there with me.

It was a hill that was right over the sea itself. There were rocks below us, but nobody near us. John pulled his bag off of his bag and sat down on the sand, and I did the same. He pulled a large blanket out of his bag, told me to stand up, and laid it over the sand and had me sit again. We sat there for maybe ten minutes just admiring the view and the music, before John stood up.

I watched him as he walked pretty close to the edge from the hill area and the sea below. I stared at him in confusion, until I watched him pull his shirt up over his head, he kicked off his sneakers and socks, and began to un-buckle his pants. 

I put my hand over my eyes and laughed. "John!" 
"What? You're going to go to a beach with me and NOT expect me to go in the water?" He turned back and smirked before sliding off his jeans, standing there in nothing but boxers with a Hollister name brand on the waist. I'd be lying if I wasn't slightly turned on. 

"You coming?" He asked.
"Do you think I packed a bikini?" I jokingly snapped.
"You're wearing a bra, right?" He asked.
I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"
He laughed. "Join me if you want."

And with that, John took a quick running start and jumped off the hill, followed by a loud 'splash' noise. I stood up and hurried over to the hill and looked down, and watched John's head pop up out from the water. He looked up at me and smirked and let out a quick laugh and I rolled my eyes in response, followed by a smile.

I stepped back from the hill so he couldn't see me. "Fuck it," I told myself.

I quickly stripped down my clothes and kicked off my shoes to the point of my standing there in my matching Tommy Hilfiger panties and bra. I took a deep breath, backed up, and took off running. I jumped off the edge of the cliff and tried to land as close to John as I could.

I ended up hitting the water hard and exactly next to him, splashing him hard. I shut my eyes tight as my head went underwater, and then I felt a pair of soft, big hands wrap around my waist and pull me out of the water. Once I could breathe again, I wiped my eyes and made eye contact with John. He kept himself up with his legs and held me with his hands. 

And in that moment, for just a quick second, John Laurens looked attractive in some way.