Chapter 9

I woke up in a bed, shivering and cold. I walked my frail body to the door and turned the knob, but stopped. I became distracted. I noticed the whole room bursted into a gust of light and sunshine, I looked up and turned around slowly. There was a boy, his body was white as a ghost. His skin glowed so heavenly.

"Who are you?" I said. He stepped closer. I was frozen.

"Babe what are you doing here. What happened?" A voice said.

"Hayes" I choked up.
"I don't remember anything, I'm scared, were am I" I cried.

He looked so different from the dreams, I was so fascinated. My eyes were locked on his. He moved a step closer, and shook his head.

"I don't know why your here, But please tell me your not dead" He said. "But you can't be dead because your skin would be glowing like an angel, but you look gray and dull. I'm confused" he said.

I started to hear cries and whimpers, I went to the door while Hayes followed. I went downstairs to see all my friends and family, crying in their hands. "I can't go to the hospital and see her laying there like that" a girl said. "We lost him, we don't need to loose her too" a guy said. "She was my sisters baby, I can't let her go"my aunt said. "Guys Im right here!! Im not gone I'm right here!!" I screamed.

"Brooke.." a voice said behind me.

I looked back at Hayes. To see him leaning against the counter, watching everyone cry. I looked at each an every person till I saw a woman. My mom.

I felt tears flow pass my face. She was glowing and so beautiful like she was before she passed. "Brooke what are doing here" she asked.

She was the best mother you could ask for since I couldn't depend on my dad she was basically all
I had. She would always read me stories and always give me courage I never had. But when she died in the car wreck I had no one to depend on except family.

"I don't know how I got here" I said. My voice was trembling and my hands were shaking. She started walking closer to me and she cracked a smile, "I always said you were my little pretty angel, but I didn't mean like this" she said.

"Mom what happened to me, What am I doing here?" I questioned. "Come with me and I'll explain everything once we get there" she said. She looked at me then at Hayes and said, "Hayes always talks about you when he's here. He loves you so much" she whispers.

All three of us ended in a long white hallway of a hospital. We were surrounded by so many angels. They all had happy smiles on their faces. I followed my mom into one of the rooms, and as soon as I walked in I saw a young teenage girl lying in the bed. I walked closer to her and noticed the girl was me. I looked back at both of them, "Why am I here? What happened to me?" I said. She stepped closer to me and said, "You're dying, but for some weird reason your with us now. When people die they come here and get their angel wings and we glow naturally, but your already here, which means your fighting for your life" she explained.

"And if you want more answers pull down the white sheet and look at the paperwork " she demanded. I walked over and pulled the blanket down to see scratches, bruises, and tubes everywhere. I quickly pulled the sheet up, feeling shocked. I looked over at the paperwork to see-

Brooklyn E. Rodgers
car collision accident
patient in a coma
pull the plug on Thursday, March 16.

I looked back at her "I was in a car crash" I stated.
"It was more than a car crash, someone was trying to kill you" she said. I looked over to see Hayes crying in his hands. We looked at each other. He instantly looked away and rushed out the room. I quickly ran out and grabbed his hand, and touched his cheek wiping away his tear. "Why are you leaving" I said.

"I can't sit there and look at you in that bed, it's my fault your like this" he said. I grabbed his arm, pulling him close to me. He gasped. "What, what's wrong?" I asked. "Your arm is disappearing" he said. I looked down at my arm to see it fading away. My mom came rushing out "Don't touch her!!" She yelled. "Why?" He asked. "Just come in here and I'll explain everything" she said.

"Your father and I were in love just like you and Hayes are. But my family didn't approve since they were strictly Christian and your father was a Buddhist, I was 18 he was 25. I understand now why they didn't approve. Your father was not the best man you can look up too. And that's why he wasn't there for you" she said.

" Your father was the biggest drug dealer in the city we lived in. We had to run from the cops move house to house. It was all to much, but the worse part was he was an alcoholic and a drug addict. He used to be a good man but the drugs took over and he started abusing me badly" she said.

" One late night your dad and his friends got drunk. They came into the house and raped me, and your dad just watched. And that's how ended up pregnant with you"

"He left us after he found out I was pregnant, I went to your grandma for guidance and help but all she told me was are whole generation was cursed, cursed to love. It started off with her mother, she found love and payed for it, she died from murder, Your grandma found love and died from cancer, I found love and I died in a car accident. All of us died for falling in love" she said.

By the end of the story I was almost in tears.

"So what does that story have to deal with anything" I said.

"I'm getting their, just Wait" she chuckled.

"So when your grandma found out she was cursed she stayed away from your grandfather for years. But the Cancer already reached half of her body. After her death I stayed away from your father for years, but that didn't work he ended up finding me and ended me and took his own life. So that's why you and Hayes can't touch or keep contact especially at a time like this, since your both so madly in love you touch each other and it's a done deal. Brooke would be dead and would fully disappear and she won't be with you she would be In a deep dark cursed universe we're she can't escape or get out" she huffed.

" I think I need some fresh air just to think" I stood up. I walked around and saw some cool things maybe Heaven  isn't as bad as it sounds, maybe I should die.

Me and Hayes were laying against the soft grass, staring at the sunset. I knew he wanted me as much as I wanted him but we couldn't take that much of a risk.

"You don't understand how much I care about you, but if I do this you might hate me for eternity. And it might end my chances of ever seeing your pretty face again" Hayes said.

" I could never hate you, but I want you so badly that whatever happens. Happens" I said.

"Okay, you have  to promise me though that if I kiss your lips right now, your going to have to forget about me and move on. Find someone who will love you harder than I can, who will treat you like the world"

"Hayes I can't promise that there's a possibility that I might die and never get to see you aga-" he cut me off.

"Promise me Brooklyn Rodgers you will find someone new to love. And will always keep me in your heart" he said.

"I promise Benjamin Hayes Grier" I sniffed.

He pulled me onto him, we stared at each others lips then we leaned in. As soon as I touched his lips I felt my body getting ripped out of his grasp, I flew into pure blackness.

I opened my eyes, jolting out of bed to see myself in that same Hospital Bed. I woke up in time before they pulled the plug. I put my face over my hands and started crying.

"I promise Hayes, I promise" I cried.

HEYYYYY, sorry I've been gone for awhile but here's a long ass chapter. Thanks for all your support, AND THANKS FOR 1k that means a lot 💞.

~ BE B R E E Z Y 🍋