a thought

CHAPTER ONE: how the world works

-

"teen sensation millie brown-"

click!

"pop princess encounters scar-"

click!

"... 17 year old bobby brown-"

click!

"seriously? is this all they're going to talk about?" i grumbled to myself as i switched from channel to channel and, i heard sadie snort beside me after a second.

"of course they are! that's just how the paparazzi and social media thingy works babe," she answers. her eyes scanning around in her box of chinese food, looking for a good bite of her kung pow chicken.

it looked so good... i can't even remember the last time i had take out food. my mouth watered at the sight of the meat but, i bit back my groan and in return stuffed a bite of the stupid green vegetables instead.

"i just wish they'd stop talking about it already," i said, my fork twirling in the air angrily and sadie snorted once more.

i hated when she did that.

"mills, you had a stalker and not only that but, he broke into your house while you were there! trust me. the news isn't gonna stop."

"i don't care Sadie! this isn't a big deal!" i exclaimed and she shrugged.

"i mean-"

"this isn't as big as war."

"but you had-"

"my rights as a person aren't being taken away," i state firmly, arms crossing. "i just don't understand why the news doesn't spend time talking about real things that matter not my stupid personal problems," i sighed.

she places a comforting upon my shoulder, except it didn't feel so comforting. the stress just stayed.

"just how the world works mills. you are a pop star."

yeah well maybe i don't wanna be a "pop star" for Christ sake. i don't think i ever did.

i looked back at the ginger finally and she smiled softly before her face lit up, snatching her box up and holding it out.

"come on... take a bite brown. i won't tell mathew," she wiggles her eyebrows teasingly but i just pushed it away.

"you know if papa ever found out that i ate that he'd have my head."

sadie groan slumping in defeat just as her phone rung, annoyingly might i add. she jumped up immediately, startling the wits out of me as, she quickly gathered her things before looking back towards me.

"come on mills. you know we've gotta a shoot to get you to for vogue."

"but-"

"no buts now get your ass up come on! as your assistant you have to do everything i tell you so- come on, up and on."

i sighed taking one last bite of the flavorless food before practically throwing myself up and out the door along side with sadie, talking while doing so.