perfect match

CHAPTER TWO: a freckled face

-

as said, sadie showed back up at seven with an excited grin plastered on her stupid face.

okay it wasn't stupid but, i was annoyed at her so it seemed to be at the moment.

"how was the shoot?"

"oh you know i wanted to actually shoot myself instead but taking pictures was fine i guess," i answered sarcastically and she rolled her her eyes, waving her hand at the idea.

"oh don't be such a sour puss come on mills! i booked us dinner at your favorite place..." she teased with a wink and god damnit did the ginger know me so well.

"alessandro's?" i mumbled, starting to give in and, i saw her smirk with a nod.

that stupid ginger (not actually) really did know me too well.

"okay fine lets go i'm starving." shoving my hat and glasses back on, i practically ran to the car, my rumbling stomach being the only thing on my mind.

"okay so before we head in i have to tell you something," sadie said abruptly just as we pulled up to the restaurant and my annoyance bubbled again.

i was hungry for freaking sakes!

"okay so i called around about the whole bodyguard thing right..."

"yeah," i nodded impatiently for her to continue.

"well one of the best ones i've heard is eating dinner with us tonight. okay! come on let's go!"

"wait what?!"

"oh mills it's not big deal," she waves off. "he's just gonna share a meal jesus christ; think of it as an interview for him, okay?"

she didn't even give me a chance to answer again, just grabbed my hand and rushed me out the car door. flashes of the camera hit my face immediately and, i bit back my groan as, i covered my face.

"millie! millie over here!"

"give us a smile dear!"

"millie talk to us about the whole situation with-"

thankfully i made it without being harassed anymore into the restaurant. sadie's arm wrapped around mine with a small grin. "don't be nervous brown. just be yourself and see if you'll like him, m'kay?"

i nodded as she guided me towards the reserved table, her ginger hair bobbing with the air.

my eyes widened at the sight of the guy. he was... something that's for sure. with those unruly curls and sunken in rosy cheekbones.

his eyes met mine as we sat down and a flush rose to my cheeks then. "h-hello," i muttered.

sadie scooted up in her seat not even noticing my distress, "hi ya!"

his lips twitches up but besides that his face remained passive as, we both got comfortable. the waiter came by almost immediately taking our drink and food orders. as soon as they were gone sadie gave me no time to ease her into the whole interview thing (she never was good at the whole warming up part) and, she jumped right into it.