toxic

CHAPTER SEVEN: i'm on a ride

-

i woke to fingers running softly over my back and shoulders, goosebumps trailing in its wake at the touch. i made a noise of contempt, burrowing into the pillow even more. everything was so warm and i smiled, eyes still closed as i breathed gently into the soft fabric.

a voice- his- voice spoke suddenly. "you're so beautiful do you know that?" my lids popped open, immediately enraptured by his deep dark orbs. i stare wide eyed at the boy who just smiled.

his body coming closer towards mine, and my heart was starting to turn to mush at the mere thought of last night.

i had kissed him.

on those lips.

his lips!

the boy who i had dreaming about these last few weeks kissed me and i almost couldn't believe it.

finn's mouth curls up softly, almost as if he knew exactly what i was thinking. he tucks a hair away from my face, fingers lingering on my cheek, as he presses a shaky kiss to it after his fingers leave. his own face flushing pink prettily.

"i have to go soon," he says, voice a low murmur.

"what time is it?"

"it's almost eight. i have to be back at the hotel with sadie at nine. i probably should get ready to go right now come to think of it."

i didn't want him to leave just yet, but i knew it was selfish of me to want him to stay. "okay." i said instead, but i guess my disappointment reached through my voice and he ran a hand through my hair soothingly in response.

shyly i glance away. god i must be a tomato but, jesus was it even healthy for your heart to race this hard around a person?

after a second he pulls away and out the bed, and it doesn't take me long to follow. i know my hair is a mess (it always is) and that my face probably has lines of sleep on it but i manage to roll myself out. immediately i feel my muscles ache from all the dancing and i stifle a groan at the sudden pain.

i should probably work out more.

it's silent as i walk him to the door. almost awkward if you will, but what was i supposed to say?

is this what all those cheesy songs i've been forced to sing finally about?

his hand clamps around mine gently, running his thumb over my wrist, and i'm sure if he touches hard enough he'll feel my rising pulse.

"i'll see you in a bit."

"y-yeah," i stutter opening the door. finn walks backwards, slowly, not breaking our eye contact as he leans against the frame. why did he have to look so good this early in the morning? even with his ruffled tons of curls he looked even more attractive!

"goodbye millie." his voice is breathy and my response was as equal. i waited for him to walk away but he to no avail, in fact; i don't think he planned to move at all.