feelings

CHAPTER FIVE: close but, not close enough

-

there was a voice.

"millie?"

it called out but, i groaned. burrowing more into the pillow but, then that started to move to and then-

pillows don't move...

my eyes widened awake immediately, head snapping up in a panic and, i cried out in shock at the body i was laying on. finn blushed lightly but, managed to smile calmingly.

"hey brown. quite the position we're in, huh?"

"oh um shit! s-sorry!" i sputtered nervously although, finn on the other hand seemed anything but nervous. he seemed to have found the whole thing a bit funny actually; with his small comment and smirk starting to grow at the corner of his lips.

oh god.

i was staring at his lips now.

they just look so soft and i wondered what it would feel like to-

"millie?"

"what?" i asked looking back up dazed.

he smirks fully now. "you're still laying on me."

my face burned with embarrassment and i jumped off quickly, tucking a hair away from my eyes as, i sat besides him now.

"have a good sleep brown?"

"oh shut up!" i glared but my mouth was grinning and his eyes seemed happy.

did i make him happy?

"what time is it anyways?" my muscles were a bit tight from how little space there was and, groaned in pain at a sore spot around my neck, looking back at the boy.

"it's eight," finn replies and, before i could process anything his hand was pressing against the underside of my neck, fingers tapping gently into the tender skin.

"does it hurt there?"

i couldn't breathe. i just nodded, gulping heavily although, it didn't seemed to hurt as much at his touch. in fact it seemed to tingle appreciatively.

"here just let me-" and then he was softly kneading the sore spot. i hissed in pain at first but, he just murmured sorry, still continuing. "it'll feel better after, okay? i promise."

and he was right.

because after a couple of minutes the muscles seemed to slacken and, there was no longer an ache to the side of my neck.

"you are a miracle worker," i said when he stopped and he smiled with an eye roll.

"when i was little my mother used to rub my neck and, help take out the knots i got in them from sleeping on the couch so much."

"why would you sleep on the couch?"

his face seemed to redden a bit. "well... when i was younger i used to play this game with all my friends in the basement and i was like- kind of the leader of it? i guess you could say?"