i wanna run to you

CHAPTER TEN: won't you hold me in your arms and keep me safe from harm?

-

the man who i had come to know as papa, stared down at me almost as if he were sizing me up and it felt like he was.

"what are you talking about? this is nonsense," he states, and there's something uncomfortably calm in the way he says it.

i felt my palms start to sweat again and they itched to do something; to remain busy for anything else but this.

"i..." my breathing intensified for a moment, spitting out the words once more. "i don't want to do the tour anymore."

"all because of a stupid prank?"

"it's not a prank!" i burst abruptly, before regaining some of my calmness. "that man told me what was happening, and it didn't sound like a stupid fib it was a damn promise."

"do not talk to me like that millie. you think just because you're seventeen now you're in charge of these things?" the man laughs and it's a chilling sound, almost evil. "that's where you're wrong, because i call the shots here. the things i do are all for you."

"liar..." i muttered underneath my breath, but he must have heard because his hand suddenly slams against the table and i flinched. my heart was starting to race incredibly fast now.

"i will not have you talking to me like that. accusing me of such things!"

my palms grew hot and eyes weary as he stood down over me now, his frame towering as i sat, almost sinking into the chair.

"the tour will go on," he states stalely and i felt the old familiar burning sensation at the back of my nose. "you will go through with the rest of the tour and i don't want to hear a peep about it, unless you want to be punished although i should already be doing that."

i could feel more words, loud yelling and screaming words, crawling up the back of my throat wanting to say to that man, and i bit my tongue. "like what? what else can you do?"

papa's eyes filled with rage then and i flinched as the man suddenly pulls me up and out of the chair with such force, it causes my arms to pop and twist in a painful way. "you will not be let out of your bus until the absolute last second needed; you're not to go out with miss sink or have that bloody bodyguard with you!" he roars in my face angrily and i found my lips starting to quiver.

no—he...he couldn't do that!

my mind was working at million thoughts per second and i couldn't even think fully straight, but i must have worked without another spare moment because suddenly i was pushing at the man and yelling.

"i NEVER wanted this! you think that you can just control me? t-that you own me or something because you're my 'papa' but you're not!" i screamed now. "you're just the greedy man who's stuck with me. can't you see the hurt in me? all you care about is money and whatever i do will never be good enough will it?"

i had to get out of here.

i could see it, how his hands were starting to shake in a peculiar way. in a way that looked like he was twitching to do something, like strangle at my neck and wring it out.