Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Our Man

Ivory slicked her edges down as The Weekend by SZA played on her speaker. She was just released from the hospital three days ago and she was getting ready to meet Yusuf's mom and grandmother.

She was extremely nervous and hoped that everything went well. She'd hate to have more problems in her life over his family not liking her, but she was upset that Yusuf didn't tell anyone that he had a child on the way.

Yusuf was going to pick her up in five minutes. It was going on four o'clock, his mom and grandmother were preparing dinner for them. She was glad that Yusuf was Hispanic like her, so she would be more comfortable with the food.

Ivory's unplugged her phone from the speaker and made her way downstairs.

It was November now, so it was chilly outside. She wore her hair in a curly bun with a few curly strands loose strands falling. Since she was starting to gain weight, she wore black leggings with a PINK sweatshirt. On her feet were pink uggs with bows on the back. Yusuf just bought her the shoes, and this was her first time wearing them.

Yusuf made it clear that she should wear something comfortable, but still look presentable.

Since she's been in the hospital she hasn't heard from Inez at all. She heard she visited, but she left before she got the chance to see her.

Ivory sent Inez a few text messages, but she never responded. She was upset because she seen Inez on social media, but she couldn't respond to her text messages nor return her calls.

Ivory figured that Inez was heartbroken since she seen her on twitter talking about some guy and saying how he not shit.

Then she was talking about how young girls need to learn how to keep their legs closed and stop trying to trap niggas.

Ivory felt offended because she was young and pregnant, but she didn't trap Yusuf.

Yusuf sent her a text telling her that he was outside and she made her way out the door. She was nervous as hell and felt like she had to shit, even though she couldn't because she was always constipated.

Yusuf was already outside the car and he pulled Ivory into a hug and kissed her forehead. She didn't really hug him back because she couldn't take him seriously.

She felt like he went back and forth. One day the baby is his, then the next day the baby isn't. Then he was messing with females.

Last night he spent the night over and a unknown texted him sending him nudes. She checked his phone while he was sleep and scrolled up to see more than what she wanted to. He saved her contact name as Ignore, so she had no clue who it was, but she had good taste in jewelry.

She had on a nice diamond bracelet and her nails were freshly painted pink, Ivory seen a slight tattoo on her arm and she instantly thought of Inez, but the thought quickly left her mind.

They finally pulled up to his mom's home and Ivory took a deep breath. She was still extremely nervous.

She remembered how Bianca told her how mean they were to her. Ivory knew that Bianca was disrespectful, so maybe she deserved it.