Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Fed Up

What's y'all sign? (♈️)

Ivory and her mother waited in the emergency room as they waited for the doctor to come back to tell them about Isla's situation.

They've been waiting for three hours and Yusuf called Ivory, letting her know that he was going to be there after class. They both anxious as they waited. They called Inez, but she was already on her way back to college.

Yusuf finally made his way up to the floor they were and sped walked over to Ivory. He would've been here sooner, but the traffic was so bad so everyone was traveling to view the solar eclipse that was happening tomorrow.

Since they live in Chicago, it started at 1:19pm. Yusuf didn't want no part of that mess and thought it was crazy. He was staying his ass in the house with the curtains closed. Just looking at the sun would make you go blind.

Seeing Yusuf, Ivory stood up and he quickly pulled her into a hug. Her eyes were puffy and red from all of the crying she did.

"You okay? Y'all heard anything?" He asked.

Ivory shook her head. "Nothing yet." She said.

Ivory's mom had fallen asleep. She was exhausted and cried herself to sleep. She felt like ever since Yusuf came into her daughter's life, she always ended up in the hospital. This is the third hospital visit in two months and she was tired of seeing her daughters in here.

Her liking of Yusuf was starting to fade since all he did was bring worry and drama into her life.

Ivory sighed before grabbing Yusuf's hand. "Can we talk?" She asked.

He nodded and followed her as she guided them to the vacant corner where a vending machine was.

"What's up? You good?" He asked.

Ivory sighed. "I- I don't think I can have this baby anymore." She started.

"Ivory-

"No." She said cutting him off. "Ever since I started dealing with you I got jumped, pregnant, stabbed, shot at, and now my baby sister is in the hospital." She said.

Yusuf sighed as he ran a hand down his face. Ivory was right. He brought nothing but drama to her life. He felt like it was mainly his fault, but Ivory knew what she was getting herself into when she started messing with him.

"I'm sorry, Ivory. I understand how you feel. I'm really sorry, but you're not killing my baby." He said.

Ivory sighed. "I don't think I can even go through with it anyway. I just need to get out of here. I need to actually relax like the doctor told me." She said.

"I know, I'll make sure of it." He said before pulling Ivory into a hug.

Ivory nodded and quickly turned her head when she seen Isla's doctor walk into the waiting room.

Ivory quickly walked up to him as Yusuf trailed behind her. She tapped her mom's shoulder, waking her up to hear the update.