FOUR. return of a friend, to be forgotten in mere minutes

APOLOGIZING WAS the best form of medicine

APOLOGIZING WAS the best form of medicine. The four VK's learned that at Auradon, but things were different at the Isle. Apologizing with a basket of muffins wouldn't suffice.

Scarlett stood towards the opening of her home. It was the biggest part of her house. Think of how Elsa built her castle out of ice. The grand opening with the lavish staircase. Something like that.

That part of her home would echo loudly. Nothing much laid in the area of her home. Scar liked that he was able to hold a large amount of space, bigger than what most had on the Isle.

She heard footsteps drawing closer in the room. Multiple footsteps. They stopped soon after.

Mal sighed, "Scarlett, Ben has been taken by Uma and you've gotta help me."

"I don't have to help." Scarlett said, "I don't have to do anything for anyone."

"Scarlett." Carlos softly spoke.

She turned, eyes flashing green. He looked different. Not as timid or fearful as he was six months ago.

They had all seen whatever anger she had slightly diminish. Diminish, not completely vanish as if it was nothing.

"The Isle didn't miss you." Scarlett sighed.

"But you missed us, right?" Evie asked.

Evie wanted to have some type of hope inside her to believe that Harry was lying. That Scarlett hadn't been as vile as he described.

"No, Evie." Scarlett spoke softly, "No ever misses anything from the Isle. But I'm sure you're all dying to go back to Auradon. I'm not helping you. Any of you. It's your fault he's here. It's your problem. Not mine."

Scarlett eyed the four of them before turning, leaving them alone in the foyer.

"Scarlett!" Carlos called out once more. His voice bouncing off the wall.

Scarlett let out a faint gasp and watched as a greenish smoke passed slipped from her lips. Her eyes had now dawned an even darker green that they almost looked pitch black. Her fangs from before slithering into place, and her nails and the points of her ears growing into a sharp point.