ELEVEN. a kiss upon thy lips, sealed our faith

IT WAS overwhelming

IT WAS overwhelming. Everything that had happened and will continue to happen will forever be overwhelming for Scarlett.

She has returned to Auradon Prep and would be declared a student the next day.

But for now, she sat on the stairs of the school. Nightfall still looming over the school and the pain in her arm subdued. It was a beautiful night. Being able to see the stars was magical for Scarlett.

Carlos found her sitting on the steps and joined her side momentarily.

"Hi."

"Hey, Carlos."

The two of them sat in a comfortable silence and she rested her head against his shoulder. It was peaceful. Scarlett hadn't felt that in ages or ever really. A sense of peace and safety.

"Let's go somewhere." Carlos said. Scarlett lifted her head from his shoulder and Carlos quickly stood up, "Follow me."

Carlos held his hand out for her to grab and once she did the two of them made their way further and further away from the school. After climbing many bridges the two finally made it towards the Enchanted Lake.

Scarlett's eyes never left the water as they grew closer towards the small, stone building the sat in the center of the lake.

The way the moonlight hit the water was beautiful and her eyes had never seen anything like it before.

Carlos let her walk towards the edge and she dipped her hand in the water. It was cool. Refreshing. She was discovering thing that she hadn't even dreamed of.

She stood slowly, letting her hand run across the water once more. She turned towards Carlos who held a very large smile on his face.

"Since we never really got that dance I believe we deserved, can I have this dance?" He asked.

She held a small smile, biting her lip to prevent it from growing bigger. She grabbed his hand and the two of them danced to the sound of the rushing water and the bugs around them.