REAL LIFE

"Hey, Lance." Val greeted as she went in the library and saw the familiar guy.

It seemed like faith, actually. She started going to art school since she finally convinced her parents to. There she found a boy that she tried so hard to bury in the deepest abyss of her mind.

Lance Langdon. The boy she had the biggest crush on in high school. Though he was not like her other crushes where she would just watch them from afar and just get rid of the feeling after because she knows it's useless. He was different. Val liked him because she saw herself in him.

Lance used to be this awkward, sweet guy that treated her nicely and accepted her. Besides Toby, Lance was kinda there in the picture as well.

He was great at English and Art class. They both excel in those classes. Again, they were almost two peas in a pod. This lasted for about three months— their.. acquaintance. Until some seniors became his friends and he changed. He started ditching Val and went to parties with them. Toby was so mad and disappointed he pressed to forget about him. Again, there was only Toby and Val.

But Val's heart broke.

The seniors he started to be friends with are nice people, they weren't treating him badly. No not even a little bit. They showed him such a great time that Val knew she couldn't give him that. What would her boring self be able to give a boy who deserved so much more?

This was also the same boy that her basher talked about in that Twitter thread. The one she "poisoned". She got the liking part right. Lance knew. Everybody knew. Because someone saw the pictures that she drew of Lance and made it such a big deal to everyone, exposing her in the whole school. But she never poisoned anybody. She didn't do anything wrong. But did anyone believe her? No. It was easy to say, those were one of the worst days of her life.

The worst days of her high school life includes the day at P.E. class where they all were so sweaty last time that she got all smelly. She didn't even know it herself. Until all of her classmates talked behind her back and began to tease her. It was not attractive for a girl to be like that. Not a little bit. She tried to forget all of high school away. She really tried. L.A. helped her with that. Tom helped her with that.

Until now, she could hear their laugh in the back of her mind. Everyday.

Ever since she saw Lance, it was like she suffocated and her head was being pulled into water. It all came back. Suddenly, there was no Tom. There was no famous and perfect boyfriend. It was only again just her and her loud and violent demons.

"Hey." His lips pressed into a thin line. Lance no longer wore his glasses. Instead, he had his hair gelled up and styled in a way he would have never done before. On the outside, Lance was no longer that anxious and awkward teen she knew. Val wasn't the only one who changed.

"So, did you get your part done?" He asked as she sat down beside him. Val nodded and placed her bag on the table to get her part of the portfolio. She handed it to her partner and he examined it. "So, I guess we're done?" He smiled. Val awkwardly returned the smile. "I guess we are."

She looked around, there were a fair amount of people in the library, but she felt completely alone and suffocated with Lance. She fiddled with her fingers under the table and they were becoming sweaty as well.

"Do you.. uh.. have somewhere to go to?" He asked, stuttering. Val missed that, he still stuttered. "Uhm, actually, yes, uhm, you know there's this thing uhm I have a geometry class." She lied and mentally cursed as she realized her mistake. Lance's brows furrowed. "No one has geometry class." (A/N: idk if they have math at art schools but let's pretend bc i think they do)