CHAPTER 1 ~ the betrayal.

With silent footsteps, Percy numbly walked through the woods. A trickle of blood rolled down his face right from his injured scalp to the defined edge of his jawline before dropping onto his grey t-shirt, staining it a dark red colour. He felt exhausted from the repeated fighting for his survival and wondered yet again if living was really worth all the pain. In order to catch his breath he leaned back against one of the tress surrounding him and let himself be immersed in his thoughts for the first time since it all started.

It had only actually been four months; four full months since he fled from both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, four whole months since everyone within those two camps and many others including the gods themselves practically banished him. Technically it had all started when Percy found out about his half-brother; William Barrow. The kid had stumbled into Camp Half-Blood and had been claimed instantly with a glowing trident over his head, completely ignoring the fact that he looked nothing like Percy or Poseidon for that matter.

From what Percy recalled, William's eyes were more of a dull blue colour than his own green eyes. The kid also had distinctive dark brown hair (unlike Percy's jet black) which contrasted nicely with his unnaturally pale skin. The one other thing that had immediately sent warning bell's ringing in Percy's head had been the realisation that William wasn't capable of manipulating water in any sort of way, even after many tests and tries. He just didn't have the powers and that made Percy wonder many times if he was actually his half-brother.

Anyways, once the kid had arrived at Camp Half-Blood he had decided that his priority was making Percy's life a living hell. More than once William went around camp and pranked people, humiliating them completely and then blamed it on Percy instantly. At the start there was a lot of hesitation (Percy was a war hero after all) but many pranks were also done with the usage of water and slowly one by one everyone at camp stopped believing him and turned against him.

It was only a matter of time before the gods got a hold of this new information and upon visiting camp lots of times they too quickly abandoned him with the exception of Hestia and Hades, as they somehow saw through all of William's manipulations amongst all the chaos. Hestia said it was because no one paid her much attention, so why would someone try to manipulate her onto their side? Percy also personally thought that it was because she was extremely intelligent. Hades simply believed him because he knew what betrayal felt like.

He was grateful to have at least two people who still cared about him.

Even when everyone turned against him, Annabeth cheated on him by kissing William in front of the whole camp and the gods just threw him away as if he hadn't saved their asses more times than he could count, the thing that got to him was when Poseidon himself personally disowned him, explaining that he was an utter failure.

Percy never thought he would live the day when he would have to hold Hestia back from killing someone. She really was ready to kill Poseidon.

Hades was enraged as well and had made use of his Helmet of Darkness against one of his siblings for the first time in many millennias. Percy still vividly remembered how the three of them had a silent laugh due to the look of utter terror on Poseidon's face. It was a memory that always cheered his bad mood nowadays.

Then a week or so later, the thing that broke him happened. Hades had nervously approached him that day and informed him that his mother and step-father had been murdered in their own apartment. Percy could not remember the last time he had sobbed so much before that day, yelling out denials until his voice had turned coarse and Hestia and Hades had to eventually use their powers to lull his to sleep.

One good thing that came out from all of it was when Hestia decided to blood-adopt him afterwards, basically giving some of the same powers as her's over to him as if he was her real son and Hades made him his champion, saying that he hadn't had one in a while. He had apparently wanted to adopt Percy too but didn't want to risk Poseidon and Zeus finding out somehow and since champions were secretive things then it was all the better.