Setosorcerer

I sighed as I walked into the training room with my fellow possible-future-classmates. It was acceptance day at Minecraftia Academy, and all of us needed to pass a number of difficult tests to get in. All the theoretical tests and quizzes were over, so now all that was left was fight. I took a seat on one of the benches, waiting for my name to be called. I wasn't sure what I was going to do- I was terrible at fight. I couldn't use swords, bows, or even axes. I heard name after name being called, the word 'denied' often following it soon after, along with the occasional 'accepted'.

My head shot up as I heard my name. The fight instructor was looking at me expectantly. I gulped. I stood up and walked over to the array of weapons. None of them really called to me, so I ignored them and walked straight to the platform, opposite the wooden dummy.

"How're ya' gonna do anything to that dummy without a weapon eh? Get back down here and pick one!" The instructor said. I shook my head under my purple hood. Nobody knew my secret yet, but if I was going to get into the academy, I guess I have to let them know.

I turned to face the dummy, taking deep, slow breaths. I lifted both my hands up so that the palms were directly pointing towards the dummy. I started to concentrate and golden lines started to swirl around my hands, pulsing purple at an increasing rate. The lines started to collect in a ball in front of my palms, pulsing for a final time before finally turning a deep purple. Although I couldn't see it, I was sure that my eyes had started glowing a purple to match the orb. The ball started to ignite, becoming a floating ball of violet flames. I concentrated hard, and the orb of fire grew. I pulled my hands back, before throwing them towards the dummy, the purple fireball flying towards it fast. The fireball hit the dummy, which shattered into flaming pieces.

I heard something fall from behind me and turned, to be met with the gaping faces of the fight instructor and my classmates, the fight instructor's clipboard on the floor. I noticed that everything was tinted slightly purple, so I deactivated my magic, causing the purple glow around my eyes to disappear, along with the violet tint. The fight instructor snapped out of his daze.

"A-Accepted." He said, "Kid, I haven't seen a magic user since the day I got this job! And he was a teacher! I hope you fit in around here." He continued. I stood there in shock for a second, before realising that I needed to get off the platform. After I had walked off, I had an afterthought, and raised my hand towards the obliterated dummy. The shards slowly re-assembled themselves back into the wooden dummy they used to make up, sealing themselves together with a bright purple glow before returning to normal. After that, I rushed towards the room that the children who were accepted into the academy went into. I pushed open the door, receiving a few shocked looks from some of the kids. I heard a few whispers.

"How did he get in?"

"He seemed so scrawny! Do you think he uses a bow?"

I ignored the comments. I walked towards an empty spot on one of the sofas, pulling the door shut on my way in. I sat down and when I did, the kid next to me, whose red-brown hair fell over one eye, turned towards me.

"Hi! My name is Deadlox!" He said happily. "You got in too then? Awesome! All my friends managed to get in too." He grinned happily. I noticed that his one visible eye was a strange red colour. Some of the kids opposite me and Deadlox leaned forwards on their seats. One of them, their messy brown hair falling over their eyes, that were already hidden by a pair of sunglasses, spoke up.

"My name is Skythekid. Sky for short. I'm Deadlox's friend. What's your name?" He said. I smiled slightly.

"Setosorcerer."