Chapter 3: Mr. Tumnus

Third Person's POV

Tossing and turning. That's all Katerina did for hours. She had fallen asleep, but had awoken an hour later and since then, couldn't fall back asleep. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about this magical world that her sister had told her about.

"Kat, are you awake?" Lucy suddenly asked her sister, snapping her out of her thoughts. Katerina turned to her and sat up, nodding. She noticed her older sister was wearing a pink nightgown with boots on, holding a candle.

"Narnia is there. I can feel it. I'm going to check, do you want to come with me?" Lucy asked her sister who nodded eagerly. Then she jumped down off her bed and put her boots on before they left the room, heading towards the spare room.

It only took a couple minutes to get there and then they walked over to the wardrobe. She opened its door and a rush of air came out from it, blowing out her candle. Lucy grinned down at her sister who smiled back up at her.

Then Katerina entered the wardrobe, Lucy right behind her. She made sure not to close the wardrobe door all the way, knowing it would be foolish to lock themselves in the wardrobe.

As Katerina walked forward, the first thing she noticed was the cold and she scolded herself for not putting on warmer clothes. The second thing she noticed was tree branches mixed in with the coats. Then finally, she stepped out into the forest and lastly noticed the snow.

Katerina grinned as she looked around in amazement. She always believed her sister but it was still amazing to see with her own eyes. "Whoa..." Katerina muttered as she continued looking around.

"Magical, isn't it? Now, come on. I've got to introduce you to Mr. Tumnus." Lucy told her sister, grabbing her hand and starting to run off with her in tow.

They passed a lamp post on their way through the forest. It reminded Katerina of a maze as they twist and turned to avoid trees as they ran. After a few minute, Lucy slowed down and the sisters walked the rest of the way.

The sights around her helped pass the time on the journey, but soon that wasn't even enough to distract Katerina from how tired her little six-year-old legs were getting.

"Are we almost there?" Katerina asked curiously, hoping they were. "We're really close, Kat." Lucy confirmed with an encouraging smile, knowing that Katerina was only asking because she was starting to get tired.

Lucy was telling the truth because it was only another three minutes of walking until they arrived and were standing in front of a door. Lucy knocked on it.

"Who is it?" A male voice called from the other side of the door. "It's me, Mr. Tumnus! It's Lucy!" Lucy told him, excitedly.

The door opened to reveal a man, but what really caught Katerina's attention were his goat legs and goat horns. Her eyes widened in shock as Mr. Tumnus hurried to get them inside so he could shut the door behind them. "Come in, come in!"

Katerina couldn't stop staring at Mr. Tumnus' legs, never having seen anything like it on a man before. Lucy noticed and bumped her shoulder with her own. "Don't stare." Lucy scolded quietly, but with a light tone.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Lucy Pevensie." Mr. Tumnus told her as he bent down to give her a quick hug before looking behind her at the other girl. "Who is this?"

"This is Katerina. She's my little sister." Lucy told him proudly. Katerina held out her hand to him, mimicking what she had seen her parents and older siblings do when meeting someone new. "You can call me Kat. Most people do. It's nice to meet you, sir."

Mr. Tumnus looked down at Katerina's hand with an excited and slightly confident look in his eyes. "This again. Good thing Lucy taught me what to do." He said, but instead of grabbing her hand to shake it like a regular person, he grabbed the top of her hand and swung it back and forth, making the young girl giggle.