Chapter 19

Unedited

My first fan art cover done by Ajia03. Thanks again for the beautiful cover.

Amira's POV

At the sound of my scream, the mysterious figure took off out of sight into the down pouring rain.

Enrico and Alessandro came charging into the kitchen where I stood against the wall in shock. My back sliding down the wall and I sit down on the ground, my head pounding.

Why?

Why is this happening to me?

Is this some sick joke. A cruel game.

Who would think that something like this would be funny?

I am terrified. I...

I hadn't gotten any message or gift from my stalker since the vehicle incident back in Paris but today I got the biggest gift. He showed himself.

The figure was big and looked muscular. The black hood hide their identity, only letting the figure looked more dark and haunting.

My breath hitched. That means that they are two of them. Two people following me, spying on me - possibly wanting to hurt me.

The pink hair. That figure was smaller and lean. There is no way that it could be the same person, they're different.

Two different people but what is their objectives?

Are they working together?

I could hear Alessandro talking to me but his voice sounded so far away, like I was under water.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and loud scream echoed in the room, my body going into defence mode, trying the keep away my attacker. But he is strong, stronger than me. The person held both my arms in their firm grip, stopping them from frailing around and possible hurting myself.

My mind.

My mind is a jumbled mess. Different scenario kept on playing in my mind like a movie.

He was so close.

Too close.

What if Alessandro and Enrico didn't come back with me? What if I was in the house alone?

Oh God. What if I was in the house alone?

Who knows what could have happened to me.

My breathing started to get shallow, my eyes feeling heavy. "No, stay awake Amira," Alessandro begged but I couldn't, I just felt so weak, tired.

Within my hazy vision I saw Enrico stooped down before me. "Amira?" He called but I couldn't respond.

I just wanted sleep. I want my mind to stop. I want them to go away.

Enrico pressed the phone to my ear and I heard what my heart wanted. "Brown eyes."

Then I lost to the darkness as it consumes me.

****

I groan as I turn over in my bed snuggling into the warm blanket that is draped over my body.

The sunlight is streaming into the room through the crack through the beigh curtains warming up the room.

I close my eyes trying to go back to sleep when I realize that the sun is up. I jump out of my bed rushing to get to the bathroom and get dressed for work.

Why didn't Alessandro or Enrico wake me up.

I took the quickest shower of my life before going into my closet picking out a black high waist skinny jeans with white sleeve crop too and my black heel boots.