Chapter 27

Unedited

So important news. I'll be doing a snippet of my the other chapter at the end of each chapter from now on....

This chapter could have been better but... here it is. Not proof read and sorry for any mistakes...

Xiden's POV

I watch her in bed as she sleeps.

She looks so peaceful and safe wrapped up in my grey comforters, the silk sleeves from the night gown that I had Elethia put on her peeking out as she turns around, groaning before she falls silent again as she goes back to sleep.

I checked my watch and it read ten thirty, she will be up soon and I want to do something special for her before we have the inevitable talk that I know is coming and I am dreading.

I creep out the room, silently closing the door behind me as I make my way to the kitchen. I have my guard up to avoid Elethia as much as possible. It's safe to say that bringing home Amira and having her bathe and dress her for me was a huge mistake. I had to practically remover her from my room last night because she was getting a bit obsessive over Amira and that is a big no no.

She is mine.

And I don't share.

'We pull up to the front door and I can already see the lights still on.

Oh, no.

Securing Amira in my arms, Piero opens the car door and I carefully step out with her in my arms, her face hiding in my neck. All the men had surprise looks on their faces but the all bowed as I walk pass all the while their wondering eyes trying to catch a glimpse of the girl in my arms. It was taking me all the restrains and training that I had to not pluck their eyes out.

I hurried in the house only to be meet with an overly excited old woman with a wide grin on her face that reaches her eyes, the same eyes that had a dangerous tinkle in them and i'm slightly scared because I don't know what that means.

I look over my shoulder to shot Alfanso an accusing glare but his head is facing to the side and he starts to whistle.

Busted, and guess who's on patrolling duty for the next month.

A smirk formed on my lips at his sure expression of whinning like a little kid knowing that he won't be on the field for a long time.

Serves the bastard right for blabbing his big mouth.

I cleared my throat and tighten my arms around Amira to a point that I know that if she was awake would have been uncomfortable, "Elethia, why are you still up? It's like 1am in the morning."

"Oh hush boy and let me see her," she said disregarding my concern for her and my stupidity for trying to sneek her in without her knowledge. The woman practically runs the house.

Instead of fighting her on it, I reluctanly agree because I would need her help. "Did you get what I asked for?"

"Yes."

"Is it ready?"

"Yes."

"Well I need you to prepare two rooms, one for our guest and another for a guest that will be coming tomorrow and I want them both on the floor below my own."

She hums in acknowledgement as she shook her head rapidly before calling for Marcia, "Prepare two rooms on the floor below Mr. Luciano's," she commands.