5. [➳vamps are in the house]

[Brielle]

I came out of the City of Bones running with Alec on my heels. Clary saw me and immediately ran towards me to give me a hug.

"Are you okay? What happened? Oh god, you're bleeding." Clary said trying to touch my forehead, but I brushed her off.

"It's nothing. Don't bother on going in, I only got one memory back." I said dryly and she looked at me concerned as Jace approached us. Izzy and Simon were gone. In that moment, Alec arrived.

"Did you find out where the cup is?" Jace asked and I sighed.

"No." I stated.

"Then what did you find out?" Clary asked.

"Guess what? We're not fatherless. Turns out, the pyscho leader of the circle bitch is our father!" I screamed desperately and Clary gasped and took a step back.

"Bitch? You mean Valentine? He's a man." Jace asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Who says I can't call a man a bitch?" I asked annoyed.

"Okay so, they both appear out of nowhere and it turns out that they are Valentine's daughters. Didn't it occur to you that they might be spies?" Alec asked and I turned to glare at him. Is he for real?

"Didn't you pay attention to what I said to you back there?! Do you even care?!" I asked him in desbelief.

"To be honest, no." He said and I scoffed. Just when I was about to tell him how much of an asshole he was, Izzy came back without Simon.

"Where's Simon?" Clary asked her worried.

"I told him to stay in the van. I've searched everywhere." Izzy said apologetic.

"He's gone?" I asked her.

"I can't find him." Izzy sighed.

"You were supposed to protect him!" Clary yelled at her and I ran my hands through my hair. I was stressed.

"Clary! Don't yell at her! We don't know what happened and yelling at Izzy won't solve anything! Let's just focuse on finding him." I snapped at  her sharply and ran back to the van. Simon wasn't there, only his phone and headphones.

"Oh god... Simon... Simon!" Clary began screaming looking everywhere.

"Is that the mundane's name? I'm afraid Simon is coming with us." A voice from above said. We all looked up to see a guy with a girl holding him upside down. Vampires.

"No... no! He's not a part of this!" Clary screamed.

"Hurt him and I'll kill you." I threatened the guy who turned to look at me.

"Don't worry, it will be my pleasure to kill him unless he returns him." Jace said.

"Careful, we'd be violating the accords." Alec reminded.

"Awe, two new shadowhunters. How cute. Funny thing is, we are already dead." The vampire said causing his bimbo friend to laugh.

"Well, you'll have the luck to die again and I promise you it won't be pretty." I muttered.

"I want to see you try. I'm afraid your sidekick's quite right, blondie. The night children have broken no laws. The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup. And the clock is ticking. Tick-tock, shadowhunters." The vampire said and the next thing we knew, Simon was gone and so were the vampires.