18. [➳jace's father?]

[Brielle]

"What's the emergency?!" Clary asked as we both walked into Izzy's room. She slowly turned around to reveal she had a bruised eye.

"What the hell happened?" I asked as I approached her.

"Kick-boxing class. I thought, why not? Quick class after work and then BOOM! Home in time to see you two." She explained.

"Well, you got the boom part right." I said as I looked at her with worried eyes.

"Andrea's foot right into my face. She has to pick today to finally land her roundhouse?!" Izzy exclaimed. She was starting to stress out.

"It's okay. We'll fix it." Clary tried to reassure her.

"Oh my god, what are people gonna think? And then, Alec and Brie worked so hard to plan this. I can't just not go to the party. And what am I supposed to do? I worked so hard-" She said hysterically as she paced down the room until I stopped her by grabbing her arms and gently sitting her on the bed.

"Izzy, calm down. It's okay. We're going to fix it." I said as Clary nodded and walked over to the dressing table.

"Okay." Izzy said as she released a deep breath. "But then, we have to fix you and Alec and Clary and Jace because the four of you not talking really messes with my chi." She said as she closed her eyes and I looked at Clary who had as much as I surprised look than I had. I shrugged and then she grabbed her foundation and a brush. Izzy opened her eyes. "Are you sure those are the colors?"

"We'll make it work." Clary said and she sat on the bed next to Izzy.

"Okay, because if I don't show up, your dad and Simon are so gonna kill me." Izzy said as she removed her glasses.

"So, do you think you can get a friend of ours on the guest list for tonight?" Clary asked as she applied foundation on Izzy's bruise.

"Ummm, if you make this work, I'll do anything for you." Izzy said and she smiled.

"And... done!" Clary said after five minutes. Izzy stood up to look at herself in the mirror an turned around with a huge smile on her face.

"It actually worked! Thank you so much you're a life saver!" Izzy said happily as she gave Clary a quick hug. "So, what do you think about my dress?" Izzy asked as she walked over to her closet and pulled out an open back short blue dress that had some sparkly little stones on it.

"Izzy it's beautiful." I said with a smile on my face and she smiled back.

"Thank you. Clary, your blue-violet dress is over there and Brie your white dress is on the closet. Take them out!" Izzy said as she pointed to a chair and to the closet. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"White?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. You said you didn't want to go with a blue dress because almost every girl was going to go with blue, remember? Besides, you said you were going for the white queen look." Izzy replied and I cursed internally.

"Yeah, right. I totally forgot." I replied. Clary walked over to the closet and pulled out another blue violet-ish dress, and a long sleeve white one with black lace on the bottom and she handed it to me.

"Time to get ready!" Izzy said with a big smile on her face.

After I waited for three hours for Izzy and Clary to finally be ready, we went to the institute. Izzy and Clary both went ahead because Izzy had to meet up with Valentine and Clary had to do something. I just stood up there for a moment admiring how beautiful and colorful the place looked.