10. [➳kidnapped]

[Brielle]

I was in the training room practicing my movements with a wooden stick. A few moments later, Alec appeared. He took one as well.

"Looks like you're stuck with me grumpy cat, so give me your best shot. For what's worth, I think your mom was too tough to you out there." I said as he walked a few steps closer.

"Mothers are like that. And there I thought you had forgotten about the ridiculous nicknames." He replied. I smiled.

"Nope, never forgetting. But go ahead, kick my ass. You'll feel better. Wait, no. I'll kick your ass." I said and he smirked.

"We'll see about that. Plant your feet wide." He said and I did.

"Look, I know that it's none of my bussiness, but why did you let your mom say all those awful things about Izzy? She didn't deserve that." I said just before Alec striked at me, but I blocked it. A small smile left my lips.

"Don't step into the strike, step through it." He explained and I nodded. "I know those weren't the nicest words to use, but Izzy was out of bounds. The law is hard, but it's the law. Even I forget that sometimes." He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Because all you ramble about most of the time is the Clave and bla bla bla." I said and he tried to attack me again, but I blocked it, again. We were now closer.

"I don't ramble about it enough." He said and I tried to attack him multiple times but he kept blocking me. He then had the upper hand and my wooden stick got stuck. I looked up to him and he was already looking at me. I took advantage of the situation and kicked his stick away. I tried to attack him again, but he dodged all my movements. He then grabbed my stick and flipped me onto the ground causing me to groan in pain.

"You need to work on your defense." He said and offered me his hand to help me up. I took it. "Let's go again." He said and I sighed.

"Not that I'm complaining about getting my ass kicked, but instead of just staying here we should do something. We can still find the pyscho. I might know a way." I said and he looked at me. "There's a box. Our mom didn't think me or Clary knew about it, but she opened it once a year and cried." I explained.

"Cause?" He asked.

"It belonged to the pyscho bitch. It had his initials, J.C, on top." I said.

Alec gave me a confused look. "But your father's Valentine. Why J.C?"

"Because she told me and Clary his name was Jonathan Clark. That was obviously a shitty lie. But whatever was in the box meant a lot to her. Maybe there's something in there that could help us track him." I said.

"Okay so, where can we find the box?" He asked.

"I think it's still back at the loft. Let's go get it." I said. He stood still thinking about it for a moment. Again, I took advantage of it and kicked him in the legs making him trip to the ground. I laughed.

"And you need to work on not getting too distracted. I told you I was getting your ass kicked." I said with a smile on my face. I offered him my hand, but when he took it instead of getting himself up, he pulled me down, causing me to land on top of him.

"Got you." He said while he looked at me and smirked.

We stayed in that position for a few moments, looking into eachother's eyes. I wanted to pull away, but for some reason I couldn't. His cellphone rang, which caused me to abruptly stand up and get away from him.