7. [➳the high warlock of brooklyn]

[Brielle]

"Mom, I don't wanna do this." My younger self said.

"She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn." A man the I didn't know said.

"For now, I don't want her or Clary part of our world. Please, Magnus." I heard my mom plead and then the man started using his magic on me.

I gasped and woke up to see Alec sit at the edge of my bed.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe." Alec told me as he held my arm.

"Alec..." I muttered with relief, but with confusion at the same time.

"What? You still seem... kind of freaked out. Must have been one hell of a nightmare." A different voice said and Simon appeared in front of me.

"Simon... Yeah you have no idea. I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain." I said confused. "What are you doing here, anyways?" I asked.

"I just... I wanted to see you." He said and gave me a half smile. I smiled back.

"You know, I'm just so creeped out. I mean, who is this guy? My mom kept calling him Magnus and-" I began saying but Simon interrupted me.

"Magnus? Magnus Bane?" Simon asked.

"Maybe... How do you know?" I asked him curious.

"I heard it from the hot vampire..." he said and I raised my eyebrows. He cleared his throat. "I mean, Camille. When I was at the Hotel Dumort she said that he was the one that had stolen your memories." Simon said and I smiled widely.

"Simon you're a freaking genius! You just gave us our first solid lead. I've gotta go and tell Clary." I gave him a quick hug and then ran out of the room to go and find Clary.

I went to Clary's room but weirdly she wasn't there. I asked a guy and he told he saw her go to the training room, so I decided to go.

"Hey Clary a guy told me that you-" I started saying as I looked up, but to my surprise Clary wasn't there. Alec was.

He was training. He stopped as he heard me coming in. I froze as I saw his body. He had well defined abs and muscles in general. He was a bit sweaty, which made him look hotter. Damn, that boy was fine.

"You okay? You need a glass of water?" He asked me as I still stared at him. With that body, I needed an ocean.

"Um, sorry, what?" I stammered as I finally was able to look at his face. He smirked.

"I asked if you were looking for Clary. Hold on, let me just grab a shirt." He said and I nodded. God I was so distracted, that I even confused what he said. I turned around.

"Sorry for just walking in. I thought Clary was here." I said.

"You can turn around now." He said and I turned around. He was still smirking. "And it's really early, why are you awake anyways?" He asked.

"Uh, I kind of had a nightmare but that kind of helped me to have a solid lead on getting my memories back. Anyways, I should probably go to look for-" I was saying but I was interrupted by Izzy walking in.