42-Zach Dempsey[Basketball isn't the only thing you won today]

Gonna start doing theses⬇️
QOTD: What is your favorite book?
AOTD: Every Nicholas Sparks book ever.

Requested- I hope you enjoy :)

5 seconds left of the game and we were loosing, there was practically no hope for us now. It would take a miracle for us to win the game now.

Well thank god we had Zach Dempsey, he was definitely our miracle. He had the ball and he was dribbling up court.

The whole audience seemed to hold their breaths as Zach shot the ball from half court. All mouths were clenched and all fists were in tight balls. You could feel the anticipation fill up in this room.

He made it.

The whole stadium cheers and roars to life. He did it, Zach Dempsey was our miracle. People already started to pile out of the gym, leaving to go home or to congratulate our basketball team on the win.

I walk down from the bleachers and try to find Zach over the crowd of people. I seemed lost and there was no sight of Zach anywhere. I signed knowing this was going to be difficult.

"(Y/n) baby over here," I hear a familiar voice yell.

I turn around and see Zach trying to swerve his way around people to get to me. He got stopped various times by people congratulating him on his win. I had to admit the whole situation made me laugh.
When Zach had finally reached me we embraced in a huge hug.

"You did an amazing job baby," I cheer pulling away.

His cheeks flushed like they always did when I complimented him.

"All thanks to my lucky charm," he leaned in and kissed me.

I roll my eyes as my cheeks flush up as well, "oh don't be such a flatterer Zach," I laugh.

"I'll try though it might be hard trying not to compliment on how beautiful you are."

Damn Zach Dempsey knew how to make a girl feel loved.

"Shut up and take me home already," I chuckle grabbing his hand.

Zach and I had to zig zag our way through the crowd, again we were stopped various time people giving Zach a congratulations. Finally after what seemed like hours we made it to Zach's car.

As I was getting in the car I heard a voice from behind us.

"Hey Zach aren't you going to stay for the Afterparty, after the shot you made you have to come," Justin said running up to us.

Zach looked down at me and I give him a smile.

"Go ahead and celebrate I'll find a ride with someone else."

He looks back at Justin and then to me before responding.

"I'll pass this time Justin I'm going to spend time with my girl," he shouts back before opening my door.

I catch his eye and smile at him.

The drive home was full of basketball talk, I understood some of the things he was saying but some terms were like a foreign language.

"Your house or mine?" He asked me, his glaze flickering to me for a second.

"Yours" I reply.

We finally reached Zach's house and rushed inside. Zach instantly going for the kitchen.

"Hey Zach...oh hey (y/n)," Mrs. Dempsey says from the living room.

"Hey mom."

"Hey Mrs. Dempsey," I reply.