Chapter 1

I changed it

*

****

The cool air blew against his flushed cheeks and sent a chill down his spine. It was just the first days of December when the weather decided to drop down below zero and bring in the cool winds along with a couple inches of snow. He wore a nicely knitted scarf warmly wrapped around his neck, a light sports jacket, a striped long sleeve shirt, ripped jeans, and his favorite worn out boots.

Each step he took through the lonesome streets , he could hear the crunch of the white blanket under the rubber of his boots, penatrate through the thin absence of sound. His toes crinkled when bits of the cold ice slipped in through the tiny holes were a piece of patched cloth had been placed. The boots were old, passed five years of usage and the good thing was, he never grew out of them and it's not like he would throw out something he loved and needed. Even if tiny rips were presented at the heel or on the tip, he would try to sow in a piece of cloth, the best he could and once the job was done, he would call them new.

Shivering, he walked inside the building to go meet up with his friends. A certain male with beautiful shiny pearly whites and bunny teeth included, caught his eyes and his legs began to move on their own as he ran towards the guy. "Jungkookie!" Taehyung squealed before jumping on Jungkook and squishing him into a tight and warm embrace. Pulling away, Taehyung noticed Jungkook wearing a familiar red knitted scarf on his neck.

"I told you that you would need it Kook.."

"I guess the present you gave me isn't useless after all.." Jungkook let out a small chuckle before taking the elders cold hands into his own warm ones. "Maybe wearing a thicker coat would've been better hyung" Taehyung hummed then watched Jungkook squeeze his hands and raise them upto his rosy tinted cheeks to slowly warm them up.

Taehyung's ears perked a light red as both students stayed still in the middle of the hallway, excluding the students that surrounded the two.

"Hyung..." Jungkook sighed and slowly averted his vision towards the older's brown spheres that could tell many things but either way remained hidden. "If you won't take care of yourself then I will, I'll protect you also... you understand? It means you will have an annoying Kookie following you everywhere you go including the bathroom." His fingers lurked over the elders body till it became lightly feather touches of giggles and laughs.

"I-I get it now stop-" a laugh erupted from his mouth as he tried to push the young male who was tickling him and neglected to stop. "I promise..."

Jungkook suddenly stopped and grinned. "Good"

Catching his breath, Taehyung smiled then heard the ring of the first bell.

"May I walk you to class?" Jungkook suggested.

"You may" and Taehyung snickered.

●○●○●○●

After class was over, Taehyung rose from his seat and headed out to his locker. "Finally lunchtime.." He chirped and stuffed all of his books and bags into the medium size room he had. Closing his locker, he had one of those cliche moments where he would stop and think about what had happened this morning and smile because of it. He could feel the heat in his cheeks and ears just at the thought of Jungkook staying beside him.

Smiling to himself he walked to the Cafeteria then slowly began to pick up pace and run. His feels were getting ready to explode but they all flew away in an instant as he felt the school floor have a huge impact on his face after tripping on something.

Lifting his body and looking up, he met eyes with three students that were too recognizable and intimidating for his liking. Gulping, he quickly picked up his limbs from the floor just to be kicked and pushed back down against the cold surface.

"Where ya going little mouse?" His thick voice resonated through Taehyung's head as he only thought about an escape route and possibly an adult to stop this, but the odds seemed to be against him.

"Don't you want to play with us? It'll be fun I promise.."

Taehyung's eyes began to swell with tears as he tried to escape from the wrath of what imprison him to stay.

"Answer me!" The buffed student pulled Taehyung's locks making the boy yelp and cry for help. "Shut up you whiny twink!" Taehyung threw punches, hoping one would land on the male until one of them finally did.

The student groaned and let Taehyung free, which gave Tae the opportunity to run and by all means he picked himself up and ran.

He could hear the steps of the students echo through the halls of the school as they ran to catch the poor boy who was just trying to get away. Looking around, Taehyung quickly spotted the cafeteria doors and touched the handle but was too late.

The door was pushed slightly open but to a point, everyone would ignore.

Taehyung was shoved back into the lockers, knowing that the impact would leave a couple of bruises.

"Trying to run away little mouse?" Taehyung looked up and was faced by the same three students.

"L-let me go please..." Taehyung pleaded but it was futile as it only made the tree laugh.

"Our little mouse finally decided to speak" one of them said as he brushed his thumb over Taehyung's rosed cheek before raising his hand to slap the boy. "Don't you run away from us again" The student growled and Taehyung whimpered.

The three students soon grabbed his shirt once more and threw him on the ground. Kicks, punches, spits, and curses were thrown at his direction.

Taehyung cried for help and his eyes became blurry from the endless amount of tears that threatned to spill and drop. His heart raced and pumped as each hit landed over and over on the same spot.

"S-stop..." his weak plead was hidden between laughter and the sound of broken bones.

But then Taehyung saw his ray of light. The male with raven black hair and beautiful in depth dimples. Taehyung looked at the eyes of his soon to be savior and even stretched out his arm. The raven head male looked back at him and took steps closer to the scene.

The three students kept jagging their feet onto Taehyung's torso and limp body till one of them kicked him in between his eyes, in the bridge of his nose. Taehyung yelled in desperate plea for them to stop. Crying, he looked over at his supposed savior and he could feel a piece of his heart being ravished and torn of its entirety.

Down the end of the hallway, you could see the back of the raven boy walking into the distance.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung muttered before passing out.