Chapter 3

Cafeteria  (flashback from when Taehyung wasn't in lunch, idk if it makes sense ><)

"Where's Taehyung?" Jimin chirped as he took a seat with his tray and looked around the lunchroom while whistling.

"He probably stayed behind to talk to some teacher" Jungkook said then stole a french fry from Jimin, who wasn't paying attention, and ate it. "He should be here in a bit Chim..."

"Hmm.. okay then" Jimin sighed and slouched back in his chair while poking his food. "Do you think he will be back before break ends?"

"No duh, break doesn't end till like two hours, he'll be here, just be patient"

"Do you think he will be back and accept me?..." Jimin mumbled then looked up at the younger, showing obvious signs that he clearly wasn't paying attention to what the latter had just said.

"He will be back but what do you mean by accepting you?" Jungkook groaned then sat up in his chair while slurping his banana yogurt.

"I'm thinking of confessing to Taehyung..." Jimin announced and smiled. "I've liked him for a while and I have been giving him hints but I don't know if he even realizes it so instead I'm just going to confess"

Jungkook choked on his yogurt then cleared his throat as he slowly processed what the older had said. "Y-you like Taehyung? Why?!" He raised his voice, practically yelling loud enough to cause attention .

"Because I just do" Jimin rolled his eyes and poked a french fry a couple of times till it was fully smashed. "He's nice, cute, intelligent and has a great personality. I have also known him for quite a while and I'm sure I qualify to be his boyfriend."

"B-but you can't just fall in love with him!"

"Uh yes I can"

"No you can't!"

"What's wrong with you?! Why do you keep yelling at me?! Does it bother you that much that I like Tae?" Jimin stood up annoyed from his seat and looked down at an irritated Jungkook.

"It doesn't bother me one bit!" Jungkook stood up right after Jimin and slightly glared at him, in jealousy.

"Don't tell me... you also like Taehyung?" Jimin scoffed before he began to laugh in front of a confused Jungkook.

"Like Taehyung?..." seconds later, he joined in and laughed with Jimin at the idea of liking Taehyung. Jungkook has never even laid eyes on Tae, he didn't even think of it, instead Jimin has always been in his mind. He's the one Jungkook truly loves but Jungkook doesn't get why the older would like someone like Taehyung. He was too weak and easily trusted strangers he had just met seconds ago. Just... why? "Sure..." Jungkook responded with a grin. "You could say that."

"It's a competition then, whoever gets Taehyung's heart wins. Deal?"

"Deal" they shook hands and laughed again.

"Jungkook?" A small and petite girl poked Jungkook's back to get his attention then smiled once the said boy had turned to look at her. "Jhope told me to tell you to meet up with him in the school's dancing room, I forgot to tell you this morning but he said he wanted to talk to you during break period when you had time. He said something about joining the dancing team..."

"Really?!" Jungkook's grin grew then looked over at Jimin and suddenly became cocky. "I told you I could make it"

"Just shut up and go" Jimin rolled his eyes and smiled.

Jungkook slipped out a laugh and nodded while running to the entrance. "I'll be back!" He yelled and ran out the door.

Jimin sat back down then looked at his food and noticed his fries had all been smashed. "Wait... when did this happen?!"

On the other hand, Jungkook was running down the hallway to the dancing room. He slowed down once he began to get nervous and took in deep breathes while counting to ten. "Don't worry Jungkook, you made it. There is no need for you to doubt yourse-" he was cut off by deep groans and laughter that echoed through the halls. Something was going on and Jungkook was curious.

"Let me go" Jungkook could hear a deep voice and a very familiar one too. The voices were coming from just around the corner, past the dancing room. Jungkook decided that a small peak wouldn't hurt or kill anyone and kept walking straight.

Three guys came into view and it seemed like they were laughing at something that was on the floor. Jungkook averted his gaze down and saw a pair of familiar brown orbs pleading for help. Jungkook grew enraged and began to walk up to the males but immediately came into a halt. He thought about it for a moment then realised, Taehyung deserves it. Afterall, Jimin liked Taehyung and not him and it's all the weakling's fault. He glanced at Taehyung once again before turning around and walking back to the practice room.

"Weakling's like him can't be helped..." Jungkook lastly mumbled.