Chapter 16

Taehyung felt famirialized, he remembered the male that snuggled into the warm hug. His arms, fragile and thin, had wrapped slowly around the raven boy's shoulders. His head had rested between Jungkook's neck and shoulder, hearing the thump of the boy's heartbeat resonate in his ears.

Dried tears spilled but never really wet his cheeks. Not after crying years in an isolated chamber with no one to abide relentlessly on. His youth had gone down the drain along with his emotions and his thoughts during those past years. Past memories. Present memories. All gone.... except one.

"Taehyung..."

Taehyung heard again and flinched when the name came out of the raven boy's mouth. The memories with Jungkook were vivid but he refused to accept them. He knew what he had, he knew he forgot everything but he was confused why Jungkook was still there, in his head, alive.

He wanted to push him. He wanted to yell. He wanted to scream. He wanted run. He wanted to hit him. He wanted to ask him why. Why did he deserve this? Why did the men he hired touched him? Why did he let them rape him? Why did his heart still yearned for him... why did his body screamed to run but his heart wanted him to stay? Why did he fall in love with his best friend?... Why did... why?

Taehyung's body shaked, his heart was being shattered. Taehyung was done. Done of playing the victim. Jungkook was the trigger to his mental state, and it gave when Jungkook decided to hug him. The warmth he had felt in the hug was now cold yet filled with grief and hatred. The guy, his "best friend", was the misfortune hidden under the blinds of "love." Taehyung had never done anything wrong, it was Jungkook, he was the cause, he was the culprit to it all.

Taehyung's breath wavered, he had seen him again. They guy who made his life a miserable hell. "Jungkook..." Taehyung pushed himself off Jungkook. His cheeks were stained, they were red, but no droplets, no tears streamed. Unlike Jungkook, the boy was a crying mess. The way he shaked, the way the marks on his wrist and the burns on his chest showed as his shirt slipped down his arms and collarbones. Taehyung's eyes weakened to the sight, he couldn't possibly hurt him, Taehyung loved the boy to bits.

"No.." Taehyung mumbled to himself and nibbled his bottom lip.

Some people don't deserve to be forgiven.

But his heart was deceiving his carnal intentions. His desire to make Jungkook repay and suffer the same malicious moment he ha to live through. Taehyung wanted to see him rot, wanted to see him cry, wanted to see him in agony. 

But I love him.

"Taehyung?" A soft mellow voice spoke up from the quietness. Taehyung turned to see Baekhyun looking at him with a worried look. The officer got in between the two and pulled the boy into his arms as if he was protecting broken glass that was yet to bust and shatter. Chanyeol on the other side sternly stared at the crying raven boy that looked so miserable in front of the two. Many people turned to look their way with curiosity and Jungkook mindlessly stood in front of the pair and his old friend, whom's life he had shamelessly ruined. 

"I'm sorry..." Jungkook broke out in the midst of his violent tears. "I don't know how to prove myself worthy anymore and I can only bring myself to apologize to you." Jungkook's lament along with the remorse, the grief, the single pain that came from the male's voice proved his honesty, especially when the raven male brought his knees to the ground. " Im sorry for the pain and agony I caused you... I'm sorry because of the lost hopes I gave you and because my actions reflected stupidity .. I'm sorry I made you cry and waste your tears on the foolish man I am... I'm sorry... I'm sorry I wounded your heart and scarred your dreams and happiness. I'm sorry I filled you with empty promises and broke you into a million pieces. Im disappointed with myself... I don't deserve to live another second... I can't tell you to forgive me because someone like me doesn't deserve to be forgiven... Im selfish I know... but after this I'll make sure to leave you alone." Jungkook's nails dug the ground and his lips quivered. He then leaned down and kissed the ground but when the foolish man raised his head...

Taehyung was gone.  

_____________________________________________________

I really need to finish this... :)