Chapter 15

The house smelled of smoke, it's puffed rings embedded the blue room into a greenish yellow mold. The liquor danced in the toxic air of a new morning as clangs of glass bottles and groans came from a man in his forties. The piteous man wasted and pathetically arousing addiction for his son to witness just to practice the same idiocy.

"Jungkook..."  the man spoke with a sluggered yet deep to the bone tone.  His hand waved the empty bottle and with the other he puffed the cancer stick against the thick nub of his lower lip. "Bring me more, make haste, make haste you scum!" He yelled and threw the bottle to the floor. The glass shattered into bits of tiny shards.

Jungkook sat up from the couch just to be pulled down by his hair. A whine of pain slipped out as his dad nagged and pulled him onto the shard glass. His body jolted and another cry of pain erupted from him

"Did you not hear what I just said?!!" The man grunted and tried to stand up but the strength in his legs gave out. "I said leave!" He yelled as he fell back once more.

Jungkook lifted himself up with the bit of strength he had left. He searched the room for his jacket and quickly left his house. It was chilly, but it didn't stop him from wandering around the streets than staying with his dad. All it was and all it has been in his household since he can remember was abuse. Getting hit, getting thrown like some dirty old rag with no treasurous value.  But one thing he couldn't understand, the one thing that really irked him, was why his mom would leave him with his dad to deal with it all. Jungkook sighed then stopped and pulled his hair in frustration, he couldn't cope with it at all, it was too much for him to bare.

"Sir are you okay? Do you need any help?" A small lady stepped up from her shop and asked.

Jungkook turned to look at her then sighed once more. "Y-yeah I'm fine... I'm just..." he looked around then spotted a flower shop two stores ahead. "I'm just looking to buy flowers."

"Flowers? Oh well if you keep walking down the street, I think two stores ahead, there should be a place right there" the lady responded.

"T-thank you"

"No problem just don't stress to much okay? You're too young to be stressing..."

"Yeah uhm thanks" Jungkook continued to walk and brushed his hair back. He could feel the lady's eyes glued to his back, maybe wondering if he knew where the shop was. Jungkook took a turn into the shop and once more, he let out a long deep sigh.

"Do you need help?" The lady upfront of the shop asked.

"No I'm fine, just looking to see which ones I like" Jungkook responded cautiously. The raven male looked around at the flowers then picked a small bouquet. "I'll take these" he said to the lady up front.

"Nice choice, is it for a special someone?" She asked.

"Yeah... for a special someone." He said.

°•°•°•°

The building had a distinctive smell of disinfectant once walking in, the doctors had a tinge of latex as they wore their white elongated coats. The beeps of doors opening and closing, the sound of respiratory machinery infiltrated the floor. It was quiet and peaceful but now and then there were cries and screams. Luckily there were none today.