Chapter 4

Present time

Jungkook continued to look at the boy, and once Jimin had left, he took steps closer to Taehyung and with a glare decorating his face, he raised his arm to punch to latter.

Taehyung shook in his spot and winced while closing his eyes. The impact of Jungkook's fist against his skin made the boy tremble in fear. He covered the forming bruise and slowly opened his eyes to gaze up at the culprit. Taehyung's eyes swelled in tears then poured when the younger gripped onto his collar and brought their faces closer.

"What does he even like about you..." Jungkook groaned while eyeing Taehyung's face and body. The older hiccuped in fear and wished he could leave but was afraid Jungkook would do something if he attempted to escape.

Jungkook noticed the boy was shaking in his hands so he let him go. Taehyung catched himself in time before falling on the floor. He hiccuped repeatedly while streams of tears dropped from his eyes.

"Go home" Jungkook spoke up.

Taehyung immediately grabbed his things and ran out of the room. He didn't care if anyone saw his current state. Taehyung just wanted to leave because he couldn't believe it, someone he dearly trusted and considered as a friend, punched him for an unknown reason and left him to get beat up. But deep down his heart, he still wanted Jungkook to talk to him, to hang out with him, to continue being "friends."

°•°•°•°•°

"Where's Taehyung?" Jimin asked as he stepped in the room with a pout after noticing Taehyung wasn't with Jungkook amymore.

"He said he wasn't feeling well and left" Jungkook lowly spoke while massaging his knuckles and hand.

"Jungkook what happened?!"Jimin quickly held Jungkook's hand and noticed red bruising on the boy's knuckles. "Does it hu-"

"Ow don't touch it!" Jungkook yelled.

"Well I think you broke a knuckle!" Jimin yelled back.

"That can't be possible chim, and how do you even know if it's a knuckle?" Jungkook whined.

"The middle knickle is red an- Just tell me how you got this?"

"Fine..." Jungkook sighed then looked at the door. "I was trying to stop Taehyung from leaving so I held onto the door but he closed the door on my hand. I honestly don't think my knuckles broke, I me-"

"It's swelling!!" Jimin interrupted. "Taehyung needs to be careful with what he does..." Jimin picked up his school bag and held onto Jungkook's wrist. "Let's go to a near clinic or something to get your hand fixed up, then we can stop by Taehyung's house and make sure everything is okay"

"I don't think it's necessary Jimin"

"It is"

"It's not"

"It is"

"It's not"

"It is!!"

"Fine let's just go"

°•°•°•°•°

Jimin knocked on a familiar door and waited for a certain brunette to open it. Behind the short male, was a dark raven haired boy that had a wrapped hand due to a fractured knuckle.

"He's not going to answer. Taehyung is a very stubborn person. Also we've been here for thirty minutes and I'm tired. Can we please just go back? I'll come in the morning and check if he's fine." Jungkook whined and leaned against the wall.

"I'm worried Jungkook. What if something bad happened to him? Taehyung please open the door, it's us Jungkook and Jimin!" Jimin knocked harder on the door and decided to go in by force if Taehyung didn't open. "Fine I'm going in!" Jimin twisted the door knob and was surprised it was unlocked.

Jungkook pushed himself up from the wall and walked in behind Jimin inside. It was a familiar setting to the both of them, a simple and generic small house. It was cleaned and well organized. It had pictures hanged on the walls and beautiful furniture. It also had a small shrine which was located between the living room and kitchen with a couple of pictures placed in it.

"Taehyung?.." Jimin and Jungkook went in and quietly walked towards Taehyung's room. They slowly pushed the door open and saw a huge lump on the bed. "Tae?" Jimin walked up to the lump and saw the person he was looking for. "Taehyungiee..." Jimin mumbled in awe.

Taehyung laid on his bed, snuggled up to a small brown bear and covered up with blankets to the top. He had headphones on that were plugged into a cd player that played soft melodious music. Soft snores came from the male along with quiet groans and whimpers.

"We should just leave Jimin, he's sleeping" Jungkook whispered then turned around and walked to the door, thinking Jimin was following but he was wrong once he turned back around. "C'mon chim, you don't want to wake him up do you?"

"He has a new bruise on his cheek Jungkook, maybe they got to him again... I want to protect him so bad Guk. But why do I feel so useless."he sighed then walked up to Jungkook. "Once I find out who did it, I swear to you I will beat the living daylights out of them."