Sophie a.k.a. The Worst Chapter of This Story

(Sophie above)

Chapter 1:

The girl who really needs no introduction, Sophie, had just finished her daily and very long beauty routine and was off to do her daily chores, her "good deeds" for the community. Sophie often thought of herself too Good for chores, she knew it was the right thing as was her duty as a soon to be princess.

 When she was walking to the pond to feed the ducks, she ran into a man who was holding a bunch of wood and nails. 

"Watch where you're going!" Sophie said sweetly. 

Everyone was rushing around everywhere today. You see every 4 years on the 11th day of the 11th month, two children get kidnapped by a mysterious man they called the schoolmaster. The 2 children are brought to a school called the School for Good and Evil where you learn to become princess, princes, witches, and warlocks. The schoolmaster always chose one Good child, and one Evil, and blah blah blah, you guys already know all this, don't you? 

Sometimes, the children of Gavaladon find some of the kidnapped children in storybooks. Jack, the son of the now lonely old widow that lived in her farm all alone (except for a couple of visits from her daughter), Ariel (the little mermaid) whose parents died about a decade ago, and more. 

The schoolmaster chooses a good and an evil child to be brought to the school. Every parent wanted to keep all the children safe. So they lock the doors and try every possible way to keep their child away from him. Parents told there goody-two shoes, kind, loving children to muddy there faces, and act all mean. They took the children who caused trouble, talked back, to go take a bath and be polite.

But the only person in Gavaladon who did, in fact, want to go to the school for good and evil was Sophie. That's why Sophie wanted to be so good all the time so she could get into the school for good. She wanted to be a princess. 

After all of Sophie's chores were done, she went to visit her best friend, who lived on the other side of town, near the dark forest, on Graves Hill. One might think that since Sophie had an aversion to dark, grim things, she would find a new best friend, or at least host her visits at her bright happy cottage. 

But, Sophie new there was always a price when visiting someone who half the time didn't even want to go outside, sooo....