Agatha

Chapter 2:

Agatha was slumped on her bed petting her hairless cat, Reaper, thinking about life, and how horrible it was at the moment.

You see, Agatha knew she was born to be a witch. Every time she took a walk through Gavalon the children would scream at the sight of her, and the parents would jump in fright. 

She knew she was ugly. Although she never felt ugly, she never felt beautiful either. Agatha had never actually had someone come right up to her and tell her that she was ugly, but she knew what they said behind her back, that she was an ugly witch.

 She didn't believe in the school for good and evil, but only because if there was a school like that, she would probably get to go to the school for evil. She didn't want to be evil. 

 Suddenly, Agatha heard a knock on the door. She peeped through the small peephole on the door and realized who it was. 

Sophie. 

 "Go away," said Agatha gruffly. 

"That's no way to talk to your longtime best friend," said Sophie cheerfully.

"You're not my best friend," Agatha said. 

"Then, who is?" Agatha scowled. 

"None of your business."

 "At least come for a walk," Sophie said with a hint of annoyance. 

"...."

"Please, Agatha?"

 "Fine," Agatha said while opening the door to see Sophie. 

She had a poofy pink dress, fluffy blond hair the colour of spun gold, sharp cheekbones, big jade-green eyes, and soft skin that Sophie constantly dragged poor Agatha to the market to get herbs to take care of. It looked like Sophie tried extra hard today to make herself look pretty. 

 At least I know who wants to be a princess, Agatha thought as she closed the door. 

Agatha and Sophie headed towards the pond, where at least they had some privacy from all the villagers. Sophie made an attempt to hold Agatha's hand, but Agatha pulled her hand away in the nick of time. 

 When they got to the town square, people saw them. They started whispering. Agatha shifted uncomfortably in her black sack. She knew exactly what they were thinking, a girl in pink and a girl in black. One the daughter of a villager who everyone liked, and one the daughter of a doctor who barely got any patients and was once accused of being a witch. They had found there match. Agatha as evil and Sophie as good. 

"Let's go," Agatha said quietly.

"Why? I'm starting to like the attention."

 "Come on," Agatha said while pulling Sophie towards the direction of the pond. 

When they saw the only bench that was in front of the pond, they started to slow down. Big mistake. Suddenly, Radley came jumping out and scared them half to death. 

"Sophie, why you hanging out with witch girl? You know I'm a better friend, so why don't you be my friend?" Radley asked, sneering at Agatha. 

"She not a witch!" Sophie replied.

"Of course she is! She's freaky and has no friends! She's definitely a witch. Why don't you be my friend?"

"You know what Radley? Agatha is not a bad friend and scaring people half to death is no way of making friends! Also, why in the world would I be you friend!" Sophie half-shouted. Radley's face was as red as a rasberry.

"I-I just though-" He then scurried off.  Agatha snickered, hiding her shock. She had never heard Sophie speak to someone that way, it seemed as if Radley was the only one that could pop her bubble. Radley ran away in a hurry. Agatha and Sophie walked to the bench and sat down.

Author's note

I hope the start of this story was okay. It's my first book so I don't know how it will turn out. please please leave a comment:)