Sophie is a coward but no one is surprised.

THIS FAN ART THAT I FOUND OF AGATHA IS AGATHA! but a very sad one. 

Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own any characters from SGE. Soman Chainani does. If anything is mentioned in this chapter or the rest of the book that is from a book and/or fandom, they do not belong to me no matter how much I wish them to be. 

***

Chapter 12:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" 

"STOP TURNING THEM INTO CHOCOLATE!" 

"NO! DON'T APOLOGISE!" 

"IF YOU DO THAT ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR I'LL THROW YOU INTO THE DOOM ROOM!!!"

Sophie learned about 10 seconds into Henchmen Training that Castor really liked to threaten people, and yell.

He really liked to yell.

Castor had presented them with the job of commanding animals, the first step into learning how to train Henchman. He had explained that most of them would end up as henchman, which is why later they would practice actually having a leader commanding their henchman. But since they all, "had no experience" and "were insolent children", they would do animals for now. 

Sophie really disfavoured that class. Most people didn't know what they were doing, so they ended up yelling at the animals half the time, causing Sophie to rub her years, and complain under her breath that her delicate princess ears were meant for a calm animal-friendly environment. 

There were a couple of birds students were trying to get to lay eggs. Dot kept bribing it with chocolate, it didn't make it lay eggs, but at the end of class, Dot had something white on her shoe.

Hort just kept yelling at the bird. 

"YOU HAVE TO CONVINCE IT SOMEHOW!" Castor yelled at him. 

"But, I don't know how!" Hort protested.

"THAT'S WHY YOU'RE IN SCHOOL!" Instead of helping Hort, Castor went away and started yelling at some other students who were trying to get a cat to walk to a designated spot, and yelled that they were doing it all wrong.

Hort then gave up and went over to help a boy with oily black mane of hair, and brown skin.  Sophie remembered him because on the way into the room he raised his eyebrow at her, and glanced at her appearance in not really disgust, but something similar. Sophie took this well actually, claiming in her mind that she still looked like a princess, and she would be out of the stinky School for Evil soon. 

Anadil seemed to have it easier than others since she already commanded her rats on a daily basis. If she was having trouble, she would get the rats to talk to the other animals, though to Sophie, it looked more like deadly threatening then a nice conversation.

What about Sophie? 

She was busy hiding in the back, behind a table. 

All Sophie wanted to do was to go up to an animal and speak to it, like a real princess, and finally prove she was in the wrong place to the Schoolmaster.

But, Sophie couldn't budge, it was like she was frozen in fear. 

Maybe it was just because she nearly got bitten by a cat on the way in.

Maybe it was just because Hester kept giving her the evil eye anytime she came within a 10 foot radius of her.

Maybe it was just because the class was being led by A TALKING DOG