Prolouge

Prologue

+A jacket of warm, sticky liquid and dim light engulf me in what feels like a bubble. Wire strings cling to my skin and run through my body like veins. Why do I feel like a puppet? Hands reach out towards me and press against the bubble as though it were made of skin. Whispers begin to fill my head. I try to breathe, but water fills my lungs and I'm drowning.

Don't let the boogeyman get you.

The bubble bursts, but I miraculously fall to the floor dry. I'm suddenly clothed in rags, shivering in a corner of a dark room with two young boys. Cuts and bruises cover our filthy, pale arms. I start to feel sick. Dimmed light seeps from a cracked mirror against the wall. I can see two large, red eyes shining behind it. It's a man, or something that resembles one. Behind his cracked glasses, the red grows brighter. But the color doesn't seem right. It's glowing, but in a dull tone. It was as if he had no blood of his own, that the color was a simple mockery of his need and lust for blood. I only knew this from the hunger I sensed in his eyes. The demon grins, and reveals jagged, crimson fangs.

I try to scream, but my mouth is sewn shut. My fingers pry at the thread sealing my lips. Blood seeps into my dry mouth.

Then I wake up.