Chapter 9: End Start

With mad eyes, he bends his head to the side and gives us a disturbed smile. He creeps closer with dirty hands on all fours.

"Don't come any closer! Who are you?" J.D. shouts aiming directly for Alex's head. The boy lets out an insane laugh and stands. Stepping back, I knew it was only a matter of time. No, it's not real. I tell myself.

"It's not me you have to worry about." He coughs. Blood drips form his mouth onto the floor. He's still sick. I want to help him. But at the cost of my brains being blown out keeps me at bay. "Haven't you figured it out by now?"

"What are you talking about, kid? Come on SPEAK!" Lisa demands. He points a bony finger towards me and begins to laugh uncontrollably, holding his stomach as if it were about to split open.

"The Devil... the Devil's son is going to kill us all!" For a moment, I can hear the man from the attic talking. Suddenly he pulls a knife from behind him and lunges towards J.D. Stabbing him in the stomach. The blow from a gun sends him flying off onto the debris.

"Die you little F-" Smith shouts surprisingly. Blood sputters from his mouth as he lets out a final breath. My heavy knees drag me to the ground. Alex, why were you ever apart of this? You were never supposed to play. This is a big-boy's game, didn't you hear? Why didn't you listen to your mom? Oh God, you're really gone.

Alex is dead. And the sudden twitch within my heart draws me farther to the ground. Kill us all kill us all. The man's voice echoes while I fall into vertigo. Blood pools underneath his dirty body, then turns away from my sight.

"No... Not now. They can't know now." I say to myself.

Lifting myself, I go over to help with J.D. He doesn't look too bad but his staggering says otherwise.

"We need to get you outta here. You're bleeding all over, man." Harry says.

"No...The car..."

"If you're not resting it's going to be you that's dead! Smith-" Harry orders. "Take Lisa and get J.D. back to camp. We'll stay here and get the rest of the supplies."

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Lisa asks.

"We'll be back by sunset."

+With pieces of ripped T-shirts soaked in blood and tape tied around his stomach Johnny almost looks like he's been split in two. Lisa and Smith lift him on a sheet tied on both ends and drag him out the door.

"Hang in there Obi one!" Shouts Harry. For all the times to crack a joke it has to be when he's dying.

"You..." Johnny coughs violently. "...suck, man." He finishes as they disappear into the street. Pulling out the small radio out of his pocket, Harry switches the button on the side solemnly.

"Len, do you copy?"

"Ready and good, buddy. Over." He responds.

"John took a hit from a crazy. I'm sending him back with the girls."

"He took a hit from ours!"

"Hell no, just some local. Matt and I are going to get the stuff then split by sundown. Keep the soup hot for me. Over."

"Good as done, over."

He shoves it back in his pocket and reloads his gun.

"Off to work we go." He states with a sigh.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it." I mutter under my breath. I get cranky when I'm hungry. That is not a good thing. I can't concentrate when I'm cranky. I'm cranky when I'm hungry. Get the picture?