Chapter 3: Stay Awake

+I think I can move my finger. A sharp flow of pain shortly seeps into my entire arm, pulsing. The air is heavy and damp, and my head feels like it's been hit by a truck. Do I smell gasoline?

I try to move my leg, and it soon scoots across the floor in a wet, sticky mess. Suddenly, it comes back to me. That...thing, it was coming after me. What was that? Lifting my arms off the ground, I unbearably claw my way out from under the burning rubble. A faint roar begins not too far away.

Suddenly, the door bursts into flames. Wrapping my arms around my head, I gasp with my weak lungs choking from the smoke.

I don't think I'm going to make it.

Collapsing in front of the door, I wearily make slow, small breaths. As the darkness conquers more and more of my sight, I notice something shining out in front of me. Somehow, it doesn't fit.

This light is a soft, ocean blue. It feels...somehow comforting. Part of me desperately wants to see what it was, but it seems too far out of my grasp. The doorway completely engulfed in flames. Even if I could somehow make it to the mysterious light, I would surly die from the heat.

Well, I'm going to die anyway, might as well feed my curiosity by chance.

I'm so tired...

Taking in all strength I have left, I shove my ton-weighing body towards the doorway. I can't breathe. The heat is eating at my skin, melting away everything. My body falls to the tile floor within an instant.

+The blue glow...it's in a cup. It's just a glass of blue liquid. For a moment, my eyes begin to blur, and the room is growing darker with each passing moment. I can't feel my arms or legs. The heat comes closer; I can practically feel the smoke in my eyes. My hand is already near the cup, but I can't find the strength to reach it. Another burst of flames erupts, a plank of wood collapses from the doorway, conveniently tipping the cup over, the luminous blue liquid spilling over the burnt and shattered floor. Resting my head on the hot ground, a rush of coolness soon takes place. I feel calm, and the heat is receding. Opening my eyes, the flames are gone. My weakness has vanished. The building stands in complete durability and silence. Hoisting my head up, I see the cup...

It's completely disincarnated, specks of black ash spilling where the blue liquid once flowed.

+Suddenly, it hits me. My casts are gone. That's impossible. How can I suddenly move around with no problem? Gazing amongst the deserted room, I couldn't see any other person there. Time seemed to stand still. No sound crept everything froze.

Millions of questions began to form in my head. Where did everyone go? Why didn't I die of blood loss?

Drip...

Wait. I can hear someone.

Drip...

No, it's water. It sounds like it's coming from the closet by the stairs. Slowly walking out of the strangely in-destructed office, I began creeping towards the door. I can hear it more clearly.

Drip...

Yeah, it's getting louder now.

DRIP...

My hand is on the heart of it, slowly cracking it open.

DRIP... DRIP...

The stained light makes the room a tint of revolting red-brown. Pulling away with my fingers tightly clasped over my nose, I nearly choke from the rotting stench. It seems as if someone or something died in there. A sloppy pile of black and red is heaping on the floor and shelves,