|Chapter Three|

"Your maid will be here later" the guard said as he slammed my door shut making me flinch. I looked around the room, it only had one window which if I tried to escape I would probably die. I went over to the bed and laid on it.

"It's so soft!" I said as I got under the covers. When I did I realized that there was a dress in the corner of the room. It was a dark red and kinda fluffy, not to fluffy though. I got up out the bed and walked over to it feeling the fabric, it was soft.

I heard a knock on the door and then I opened up too see Mark. I let go of the dress and put my hands together.

"Lunch will be served to you in an hour and the ball is in 5 hours, a maid will be here soon" he said coldly and then left the room slamming the door too.
"Rude" I said quietly. There wasn't much to do here. I look over at the dresser with the mirror. There was also a chair, I went to go sit down in it and saw my reflection.

"What beauty do they see in me?" I asked myself as put my hood over my head again. I smiled and then got up to lay on the bed again. It was so soft, or maybe it's just the fact that I never felt a bed before.

*

"Hello?" I heard someone say as they walked in. I shot up to see the maid, who looked scared. She looked over at me and forced a smile on her face.

"What time is it?" I asked her in a husky voice.
"Well it's almost sunset and I need to get you ready, now will you please go take a bath and wash yourself" she said worried but nicely. I nodded my head slowly and got up, I felt good cause of the fact that I took a nap.

I went to the bathroom to see that the tub was already filled and closed the door, I got undressed slowly. I slid in the warm water with bubbles and sat there for awhile until I heard the door open. I covered my boobs with my arms as the maid walked in.

"Don't be shy sweetie I have breasts too. I'm just here to wash your hair" she said as she went behind me and grabbed a sponge behind me. She began to get my hair wet and wash it, which I surprisingly didn't mind. She made small talk with me as she washed my hair.

"Alright get out" she said bluntly. I looked at her in shock. She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. I got out but quickly realized there was no towel. I cracked the door slightly.

"Uh I need a towel" I said quietly but she heard me and then handed me a towel. I warped it around my body and walked out to see that she set a brush and hair pins on the dresser.

"Take this and get changed in it" the maid said handing me a pair of red underwear and bar.

How do they know my size?

I went back in the bathroom to put it on and then grabbed my light armor and laid it by the bed. The maid then made me sit down in the chair as she started brushing my hair.

"What's your name" I asked out of no where. She was quite for a small moment, as if she wasn't aloud to give out her name.
"It's Chlòe" she said. "So I saw the prince eyeing you earlier" she said all lovely dovey.
"It's probably because he hates my guts" I said laughing softly.
"No hate is not what I saw" she said.
"Oh was it 'love at first sight'?" I asked sarcastically.
"No just see how he looks at you when your done" she said happily.

*

"I look like a princess and I don't like it" I said I stared at myself in the mirror. I had to say, I looked really pretty but it wasn't me.

"Just for the night hun" she said as she looked at my dress checking if everything was okay. I heard a knock on the door and Chlòe opened the door. Mark came in and as soon as he saw me he stood there in shock and just started at me with, lust? The way he was looking at me made my look away and blushed.

"I, uh it's time and people are arriving" he said his voice a little shaky. I nodded my head and we walked out of the room. As we walked down the flight of stairs and the hall way it was really quiet.

"You look gorgeous-I mean you look good, you look good" he said quickly which made my checks heat up.
"Thanks" I said nervously. As we entered the ball room, haft of it was already filled. Mark went over to his dad, who was talking to some family. I didn't know anyone here but them and I didn't want to disturb them.

I saw all the food and made my way to it. Once I got over there I grabbed a chocolate covered strawberry. I ate a couple more after that and then got a dark red drink, I thought it was some kind of punch but it was wine. I put it back and went over to the corner of the room and leaned against a pillar. I watched as people were dancing and laughing which made my cringe.

"Why hello there" a deep voice said snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see a man about my age with dark brown hair, yellow eyes and pale skin.

"Hi" I said coldly to the man.
"The names Kane" he said raising his hand for me to shake. My eyes darted from him to his hand and back put I took his hand, which instead of shaking he went on his knee and kissed it. I laughed awkwardly.

"May I have this dance?" He asked me standing up properly.
"Sure..." I said unsure. He took my hand and took me to the middle of the dance floor.

I don't know how to dance!

I looked around to see how everyone else was dancing but before I knew it he put his hands on my waist and I put mine on his neck. I was cringing on the inside.

"What's your name?" He asked smiling, I could see that he had fangs, yup a vampire.
"It's Y/N" I said focusing on my feet to make sure I was doing it right. I put his finger on my chin and lifted my head.
"Chin up princess" he said smirking which made me want to punch him.