|Chapter Five|

"We need to find an inn, to stay the night there" Mark said looking around.
"Or we can just sleep in the trees" I said looking over at him.
"Uh no, I'm good. I bet there's a town up ahead" Mark said hitting his horse on the side slightly to get it moving again. I did the same as we both moved forward the clam wind felt nice against my skin so I took off my hood and let my long hair loose, which sadly came out of the braid.

"So how old are you?" I asked him keeping my eye on the path.
"28" He said bluntly.
"Aren't you old enough to be king? Ooooh where's your queen?" I asked mocking him, making him glance at me.
"I...I don't have one yet" he said making me giggle.
"But I see all those lady's look at you they would LOVE to be your princess" I said trying to keep a straight face but failing smiling at myself.
"The need to belong to some kind of royal blood line" Mark said sternly.
"Then why did your dad ask how old I was, or saying how gorgeous I was and shit?" I asked him.
"I don't know, but don't get it in your mind that we're gonna fall in love and I get married to a killer" Mark said harshly.
"Oh god no, as soon as this is over I hope to never see your face again, Prince Charming" I said rolling my eyes.
"Oh what is this Snow White?" He asked me rudely.
"No, but it suits you" I said.
"Then what am I gonna call you?" Mark asked me causing me to look over at him.
"You know I heard a lot of people calling me the 'dark assassin'?" I asked him. He thought for a little bit until he spoke up.
"No, I was thinking more like 'dark princess' He said confusing me.
"Why the 'dark princess'?" I asked him.
"Because your as pretty as a princess and evil" he said reassuring me. I put my head down to think about but then nodded my head in approval.

"Prince Charming and dark princess sounds good" I said. I looked back at the path to see that a little town was up ahead, I put on my hood before anyone saw me.

As we walked threw the town I got weird looks from everyone, which I'm kinda used to. At the end we found a inn and then tied our horses to a fence close by. You could hear talking coming from the place, which was really loud. As we walked in you could already tell that it was a bar too.

We walked over to the bar owner to ask for a room.
"Excuse me, could a rent two rooms please?" Mark asked a lady, who looked at Mark like he was a god.
"I'm so so sorry my highness , but there is only room left...I can kick someone o-"
"No no it's okay we'll just share the room" mark said cutting off the lady. I turned my over to look at Mark squinting my eyes at him. She handed him the key and mark was about to give her gold but she denied it.

"Just take the fucking gold" I said getting annoyed by how she's acting around him. She started at me in cation but then slowly took the gold and pointed to our room speechless. She looked at me one more time confused as we headed to our room, which only had...one bed.

"So which side do you want?" Mark asked me jokingly.
"Left and I feel you touch me I swear I'll come from this alone" I said harshly making him roll his eyes. I walked over to the left side and opened the covers and slid in. It was so warm I almost feel asleep instantly but I felt the other side of me dip. As Mark moved to get comfortable I closed my eyes realizing how tired I really was.

"Good night" Mark said to me quietly which took me by surprise due to the fact that I thought he hated me.
"Night" I calmly said back as I yawned.

*

I woke up feeling how cold it got during the night, I moved my head to see out the window and it wasn't even sunrise yet. I pulled some blanket over me but I wouldn't budge so I decided to move closer to mark. I felt uncomfortable at first but it made my back side really warm which made me relaxed.

"Why did you get so close?" I heard mark ask shooting my eyes open.
"I'm cold" I said bluntly, "why are you still awake?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"There's things on my mind" he said softly. I didn't know how to respond mainly because I don't like to talk about feelings, I usually keep them all to myself.
"Oh well do you...you know...wanna talk about it" I said trying not to sound cringe-y or sappy.
"No I really doubt you understand" he said rude and abruptly. I sat up and looked over at him and squint my eyes due to how mad I am.
"You know you don't have to be an asshole to me all the time" I said in a whisper yell.

"Look I'm sorry" he said sitting up too, "I just..wonder what my mother was like" he sighed as he stared at the wall blankly.
"Well if I makes you feel any better, my parents gave me up when I was a month old and I was raised by a wolf" I said making mark give me a strange look.
"So you have no idea what your parents are like?" Mark said still shocked.
"Pretty much" I said bluntly, it was clear that I didn't care much for them. "Your kinda lucky to have a father that looks after you" I said looking down at the bed my voice dropping a little bit. Mark keep quiet for awhile probably thinking about what happened.

"I'm sure it was for a reason" he said breaking the silence; I looked over at Mark with a confused look and he looked at me. "You know your parents, they must have gave you up for a reason" he said looking into my eyes, searching for some kind of emotion.

"Sorry, your the one who was up all night thinking I didn't mean it to be about me...I'm just gonna go back to sleep" I said rolling my eyes at myself.
"No no it's okay" Mark said getting closer to me.
"No it's not and I don't like opening up to people anyway" I said laying back down. Mark didn't say anything after that and I soon fell asleep letting all my thoughts drift away.