We'll Make It Work

A/N: I don't own Harry Potter. If you are triggered by swearing or boyxboy, just leave my profile entirely. This is a fanfic dedicated to LittlexMissx who inspired me to write this story. Thanks!

Harry sighed in content and tried to move closer to the warmth. He heard a chuckle,

"Are you awake?"

"No." Tom sighed,

"Get up, you've been sleeping all day. It's already one pm."

"Fine, I'll get up." He sat up, pouting.

"Good boy." The man smirked and leaned in for a kiss. Harry quickly covered Tom's mouth with his hand.

"You said that nothing would happen between us." He removed the hand and crossed his arms.

"I did, you're correct. But why would you sleep with me if you didn't want anything to happen?" Harry stood up,

"I'm scared, scared that Severus might die or that I did something wrong. I'm terrified because he might never say that he loves me. Being with you helps me become distracted." Tom watched as the boy walked out of his room.

----------------------------------------------
A few weeks later

Harry entered the hospital wing and walked to Sev's bed.

"Hi." He said softly,

"Hello, Potter." The boy frowned,

"It's Harry."

"Don't you have anything else to do? You've been visiting me every day since I woke up."

"I know, I was scared that you could have died... and it's partially my fault." Harry's fist closed over the locket. "My life wouldn't be the same without you." Severus sighed,

"The dark lord told me something very interesting before I blacked out. He said that you told him to tell me that you loved me in case you died." Harry flushed,

"I did say that, I meant it too. I do love you, Sev." The man took hold of his hand,

"I know. I think some people would like to see you." Harry turned and noticed a large group of witches and wizards.

"You are Mr. Potter, correct?"

"Yes, can I help you with something?"

"He's so polite." A woman said to another man, most likely her husband.

"No, all of us came here to thank you, for saving our children."

"Oh, well you're welcome."

"That's not all, some of our children have gifts." The man said, a few of the students walked up to him, holding small boxes.

"Thank you for helping us, Harry." A girl said, giving him the box.

"It really was nothing." He opened the box, it was full of sweets. The other students handed him their gifts.

"They also insisted on hugging you." The children crowded around him and wrapped their arms around Harry.

"Severus, help! A mob of children are attacking me!" The parents all laughed, the professor smirked.

"You seem to be handling it on your own." A woman smiled at the young witches and wizards.

"Alright, that's enough." They stopped hugging him and waved goodbye, then walked away with their parents.

"You're so mean, Sev." The man's lips curled up into a small smile, it then turned into a frown.

"Where did you get that locket?"