36: It hurts

New chapter! Actually wanted to write more but I figured I could just move that to next chapter (((:

~~

"Don't cry", Tyler softly spoke as he turned towards Josh. Josh buried his face in his hands as he cried. Tyler rested his hand on Josh's thigh.

Josh removed his hands from his face and stared out the front window. "I-it just..." he started.

"It hurts", he softly spoke, voice cracking. "Seeing what they did to you. I failed to protect you. Look what happened", he whispered.

"It's not your fault", Tyler said. "It is, I was supposed to protect you, but instead this happened and-" he said as he slammed his fist on the steering wheel.

"It is not your fault. I made the mistake to go to the bathroom on my own without you. I should've known", Tyler muttered. "I should've known they'd..." he trailed.

"Shh, you don't have to say it", josh told him as he wiped his tears away as best as he could.

"I'm gonna get us to my friend so we can help you so I can hug you and kiss you again", Josh sighed softly.

"I don't deserve you", Tyler said as Josh started the car. "Is that what they told you?" Josh asked as he drove off. "Well, they're right", Tyler muttered.

"No, they're not, baby. They're filthy disgusting fucking lying pieces of shit who deserve to be buried alive", Josh said as he angrily wiped his tears away.

Tyler decided it was best to shut up for now. He gently squeezed Josh's thigh and closed his eyes.

//

The door opened shortly after the bell rang.

"Colin, please hel-" Josh started as he held up his boy who was almost losing consciousness now.

"Of course, get inside!" Colin cut him off. "Kitchen table", he told Josh and Josh nodded. Colin closed the door and rushed to the hallway where he grabbed his first aid kit. He grabbed a pillow from the couch and hurried back to the kitchen and saw Josh laying the boy he didn't know on top of the kitchen table. Colin slid a pillow underneath Tyler's head and opened the kit.

"Get him some water", he said and so Josh did. Colin gave him a painkiller and josh helped Tyler to swallow it while he felt Tyler's temperature was too hot.

He grabbed some towels and wet them with cold water, before delicately resting them on Tyler's arms and forehead. It seemed to calm Tyler down.

"I'm gonna clean your wounds", Colin spoke as he gave Josh an ice pack wrapped in a towel and told him to cool Tyler's black eye with it.

"It may hurt, a lot", Colin warned.

"I'm used to it", Tyler croaked out. "there's no kind of pain I haven't felt yet", he whispered.

A tear of Josh fell on the table and he leaned down. He pressed a soft, careful kiss on the corner of Tyler's mouth.

"I love you so much", he whispered. He gently held Tyler's hand and Tyler squeezed his hand tightly when Colin cleaned his wounds, but he didn't make a sound.

When Colin was done and he was covering the small cuts with band aids and one with a bandage, Josh got Tyler a glass of water with a straw. Josh asked him if he wanted to have a sip but Tyler didn't reply. He was still breathing though, and softly shaking, and tears started to roll down his cheeks again.

"Why is he not replying", Josh whispered as he looked at Colin with teary eyes. Colin bit his lip as he pulled Josh closer and hugged him.

"Shh, just give him some time to rest", Colin said as he rubbed Josh's back. Josh hugged him tightly, almost squeezing the life out of him.