07| BURNED

SHOOTING ARROWS
07 | " i left him to burn "

ROSE STARED AT JO confused at why she showed up on her doorstep

ROSE STARED AT JO confused at why she showed up on her doorstep. "Jo?" She asked. Rose can see the pain in Jo's eyes, she had tears in her eyes.

"I need your help." Jo told her. Rose opened her door so she can come in and they sat down to talk. "I-I don't think what happened to my brother, Danny, was a mistake," She stuttered at first. "I think he might have been murdered."

Rose eyes widen, she knows that Jo's going through a lot but she doesn't understand why she came to her and not someone else about this. "Why didn't you go to Laurel?" She asked curiously.

Jo wiped her tears away. "I did. Um she doesn't believe me. She thinks that I'm just going through a hard time. But I will convince her and hopefully she'll be working with you." She told her. Rose nodded for her to continue.

Jo took out a file from her bag. "I was once handled a case for a clerk in the Coronor's office," Jo said passing her the file so she can look at it. "He passed me a copy of the incident report. Said that Danny's turnout coat was doomed in turpentine. But I checked, and the plant owner said that there wasn't any in the factory,"

Rose's heart broke at the sound of Jo's voice, she's in pain and there's nothing she can do about it but help her with this. "A turnout's supposed to withstand temperatures in excess of 500 degrees. But the Coroner said that the fire did not exceed 250. How did my brother born hotter than the fire that supposedly killed him?" Jo explained to her as Rose's eyes widen.

➳➳➳➳

"Rose, a fireman died fighting a fire. I'm not so sure I see the crime."

Rose and Laurel started following Lance out. "I did some digging. Last week, another fire fighter, Leo Barnes, was killed in action, same circumstances. Traces of turpentine, and ignition temperature hotter than the actual fire." Rose told him.

"Do you think that you could talk to the fire Marshal? You know encourage him to pursue it?" Laurel starting asking.

"Well the fire department has it's own investigation unit. They don't answer to the police." Lance said.

Lance left and Laurel stared at the phone that's on her father's desk. Rose rolled her eyes knowing what she was gonna do, so she decided to walk out.

➳➳➳➳

Rose thought that Laurel is gonna call the vigilante, and probably ask him to help her with the digging. She sort of knows that Laurel has a crush on the man with the hood. She started typing on her laptop until her lights went off.