16 | DEATH

" The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them. Tommy Merlyn was way more than just a business man.. "

➳➳➳➳

song : skinny love by birdy

ROSE LET GO OF Roy's hand as she walked down the aisle and the audience turned to look at the girl who was trying to be strong but was completely broken inside; she's really good at hiding that

She saw Roy taking a seat next to Thea and Thomas. She sent them a forced smile as she continued walking to the casket that held Tommy's body.

Thomas wanted to be by her side but she refused wanting Roy's comfort at the moment since Oliver decided not to show up, breaking her heart more than it already was.

Rose was a feet steps closer to the casket but she started to hesitate and people noticed as she slowed down.

Truly, she didn't want to accept that Tommy is gone and she hoped it was all a nightmare but the casket that held his body is proof that it isn't.

She let a few tears go down her face and took a deep breath before continuing to walk. She couldn't afford to break down, not in front of a lot of people.

Her hands started to shake when she started to place one of her hands in Tommy's cold hands. "I-I'm so sorry. It should have been me." She managed to whisper.

She put her other hand on her mouth stopping a sob from coming out but she allowed tears to fall out of her eyes. Rose placed a red rose between Tommy's hand and looked around.

She managed to see Oliver and Diggle in a distant having a conversation not knowing that she saw them; they're here but hiding. She mentally scoffed and ignored them.

Oliver couldn't even bother to show up and that made her angry but it was put aside as she noticed something.

Tommy had a piece of paper in his pocket shirt and that made her confused. She took it out making sure no one noticed and quickly put it away. She walked away once she saw that they were closing Tommy's casket and she tore her eyes away.

Rose sighed, she's wanted to say something. Many thought it was a bad idea thinking she wasn't ready but they're wrong. She walked up to the stage and felt many eyes on her.

"I didn't think she was actually gonna deliver a speech." Diggle told Oliver and they both sadly stared at the girl. "I like her." He added making Oliver look at him confusing.

"She's strong and no matter what life throws at her, I know that she will continue to be strong." Diggle said, not tearing his eyes at the sad girl.

"The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them.. Tommy Merlyn was way more than just a business man. He was my best friend." Rose said, her voice coming out strong as she looked up and saw the audience looking at her with sadness and pity.

"I remember back in high school, a guy has just broken my heart," She chuckled making some people smile at her as she remembered the memory. "Tommy was there for me and he told me that I deserved better, and I believed him. He was there for me through it all, through many losses and heartbreaks. And he was there to pick me up every single time."

"Tommy, you deserved better.." Rose weakly said, looking at Tommy's picture.

"But, I truly do believe that he is at peace and that one day I will see him again." She looked up and gave everyone a weak smile. "Thank you." She said, making some clap and wipe their tears away at her speech.

Rose walked off the stage and Roy took her in his hands and led her away from it all.