Closer

Kihyun looked at the muscular senior who stood way above him. He was slightly tan with a handsome and charmingly sharp face. His eyes were gentle as he looked at the shorter, and his smile made Kihyun felt at ease.

"We are Monsta X." He said, a glimmer of pride shining in his eyes.

"Monsta? X?"

Shownu chuckles and slips his hands in his pockets. "Yes yes. Monsta X. And no not monster, though it does sound like that. But monsta is french for My Star. And X... X is the beautiful unknown future ahead of us. Monsta X."

Kihyun nodded, quite surprised as he let out an oooh of impression. "That's... quite a name.~"

The taller senior smiled wider. "It is, isn't it."

Wonho grabbed each squabbling boys by their shirt collar, lifting them as he separated the kids. He let each one go after setting them apart. The senior would sigh as he placed his hands on his hips. "I swear to god guys! You aren't toddlers anymore. Wake up. This isn't how you should be acting." He scolded them firmly but not harshly.

The juniors quickly bowed at him, "We're sorry." They said in unison, though their tone seems to be not sorry at all.

Wonho scoffed in annoyance as he took each one by the collar and drag them inside the music room. He manhandled them all except for Hyungwon. However before he entered the room he'd look at the tall junior. "Hyungwon! You come in too. I would drag you here with them if I didn't have my hands full. GOD!" The senior let out a groan of frustration as he opened the door with his foot, entering the room as he cursed silently.

"Whatever." Hyungwon sighed as he followed Wonho, closing the door quietly behind him.

Kihyun watched the whole scene, dumbfounded. "W-will they be alright?" He asked without thinking as he looked at Shownu. "Should I-... I should probably go. You guys seem busy-"

"Hmnn?" Shownu looked back at his junior from the scene. "Oh- I'm not busy. Wonho will take care of that. And don't worry. He's not that rough. Wonho is all words. He can barely kill a spider." He laughs heartily as he rubbed his face.

"Sure... Right~" Kihyun nodded awkwardly. Why are you so awkward! Damn get yourself together Kihyun, he scolded himself internally.

"I'll let Wonho take care of the kids. It might take an hour until he'll be done with them. Wonho's a man of many words. But little violence though- which is good in one way." Shownu looked at his watch and sighed. "Welp. I guess we won't have practice today." He would look at Kihyun and smile. "So~ Let's go get a drink."

"Wh-what?!" Kihyun widened his eyes slightly shocked. He didn't once think of the senior asking him to go for a drink.

"Why?" Shownu laughed as patted the shorter's back. "Come on. It' on me today."

"Ah.. ok.." Kihyun nodded still having trouble grasping reality.

Shownu smiled at him before walking off. Kihyun quickly followed closely behind him in silence. Much to his surprise however, Shownu slowed his pace and ended up walking by Kihyun's side.

"So where did you live before coming here?" Shownu asked in a friendly manner.

"Busan." Kihyun answered, relaxing a bit.

"Ahh. A sea boy aren't you?" Shownu laughs.

Kihyun looked up at him. A smiling gentle face laughing hard but at the same time softly. He smiled and chuckles as well. "Yeah I suppose."

The two boys walked over to a vending machines by the cafeteria. He'd place a hand at the edge of the machine and leaned forward as he looked in. "Hmmm. What should I get.~" he wondered aloud. "What would you like, Kihyun?"