"To be honest...."

The hours passed and the last bell had rang a long time since yet not a single person had wander to the storages. Kihyun huddled in front of the door listening carefully for people outside. Shownu was relaxing in the back, leaning his head against the wall while twitching his foot slowly from nervousness. He may be calm but deep inside he was slightly worried.

The sky began to change color into hues of deep oranges and the school was silent. Kihyun banged his hand on the door for the perhaps the thousandth time. "Is anyone outside?? Help!!"

"Hey! Just stop it. In worst cases we might as well spend the night here." Shownu sighed as he folded his arms.

A panicked look blew over Kihyun's face. "But we can't- don't you know how cold it gets at night?! It's nearly fall hyung! It's freezing at night."

"You have a jacket. I have a jacket. We'll be fine~" Shownu assured.

"You're wearing a sweatshirt... that's like nothing but a piece of cloth."

"Well what are you going to do about it? Give me your jacket?" Shownu snapped a bit without thinking. He wanted Kihyun to trust him that they'll be fine. Instead he only made him frightened.

What did I do? Why is he getting mad at me? Kihyun curled up by the door with his knees up against his chest. He avoided looking at Shownu and put his hood on his head to hide his face.

Shownu regretted shouting at him. He closed his eyes as he silently cursed himself. Everything I say is wrong. What is wrong with me...

"Hey I'm sorry.. Didn't mean to snap at you like that..." Shownu mumbled. "Don't worry ok. We'll get out. Until then don't panic and just- stay calm."

Kihyun peeked from under his hood. "I know~"

For quite a while an awkward air lingered thick, like rice pudding, around them. Both boys were silent. Kihyun was afraid to make a mistake again and get scolded. Shownu on the other hand was afraid that whatever he would say would hurt Kihyun.

The sky had darkened and the crickets began their evening song when Kihyun finally broke the silence with his soft, gentle voice. "Shownu... Do you hate me?"

"What?!" Shownu widened his eyes and pointed at himself. "Me? Hate you? What makes you think I do?"

"You've been avoiding me a lot these days.."

"I-I was busy."

"You always scold me when we talk..."

"As your senior, I only want the best for the second years."

Kihyun paused for a moment as he looked up at Shownu, "Then why.. Why does it seem that you really dislike me?"

"What no.. I don't dislike you its just..." Shownu struggled to find the right words. "You... You are very odd. Like.. How should I say this. You're not weird but you're not normal in the same time.. You... You're unique.. You- You are special."

"Me?! I- I'm not special.."

"F- for the band I mean.. You know.. You make an excellent member!!" Shownu nodded as he tried to relax a bit. "Minhyuk, Wonho and Hyungwon are great vocalists but yours is uhh- beyond theirs. Wayyyyy beyond... Your voice.. it's really beautiful."

Kihyun blinked at him. He could tell that Shownu wasn't lying but why does it feel like that's not all there is? "You want me to join Monsta X?"

"Yes! Certainly! I don't hate you. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." Shownu chuckled nervously.

Kihyun shook his head, "Ani, it's ok. I'm sorry for being too sensitive."

"It's alright." Shownu smiled, a beautiful cute gummy smile. "Ya, if you really have to say something just say it ok. I'm not one to be angry."