Mystery Solved?

A week has passed since the storage incident. Things have calmed down slightly. After taking two days to rest, Kihyun was back on his feet. However there was no news of Shownu. Hyungwon and Wonho, whom both had went to the hospital with him that day, returned with sealed lips. When they were asked for news of Shownu, they simply ignored the question or avoided the questioner in all.

Kihyun had begged Hyungwon to tell him of Shownu's condition but he only snapped at Kihyun telling him, "Get better yourself" before dropping a banana milk on Kihyun's hand and leaving the room. Kihyun was left confused and torn.

It was Monday, the start of a new week. Kihyun took a bus and walked to school as usual, his back slightly dropping as he walked to the gate. Some students, seniors from the look of it, dashed past him.

"Shownu!!"

Kihyun looked up and saw a tall figure by the gate. The said person turned and Kihyun's fist loosened.

"SHOWNU!!!" He called out with all the air in his chest.

Kihyun didn't care if others were looking. He didn't care if he bumped into someone. He blindly ran up to the older and grabbed his arms. "A-are you ok? Oh my god! I was really scared! Are you hurt anywhere?-"

"Slow down buster!" Shownu patted boy's shoulder nonchalantly. "I heard you took a two day break. How are you? Are you alright?"

Kihyun looked down at the ground. "I should be the one asking that. I'm sorry you had to go through that because of me. You could've died!"

"What- Nahhh~ Sorry bud. I didn't mean to worry you there.." Shownu rubbed the back of his nape. "Hey~ Let's catch up later after school. Meet me at the music room, cool~"

Shownu waved to someone behind Kihyun. Kihyun looked back to see Wonho. The senior nodded a silent greeting before he and Shownu walked to the school. Shownu seemed quite happy as he laughed and joked with his classmate. He swung an arm around him in a friendly manner.

"He's doing it again.." Kihyun sighed.

"Doing what?"

"Oh my- You scared me.." Kihyun jumped back a little as Hyungwon had popped out of nowhere.

"Who's doing what again?" Hyungwon asked without looking at Kihyun. His eyes were stuck at Shownu and Wonho.

"What- no.. It's nothing.." Kihyun fixed his backpack and walked to school.

"Straighten your back, shoulders high. Get your posture straight boy!" Hyungwon barked like a military captain.

Almost automatically, Kihyun obeyed by instinct. Hyungwon nodded approvingly and patted the shorter male's back.

"So why is our Kihyunnie so down. Shownu-hyung is fine. Shouldn't you cheer up?" A sudden friendliness took over the stern boy.

As shocked as Kihyun was, he quickly replied with a stammer, "A-ani. I-I'm really happy! J-Jinjja!"

"Is Shownu-hyung ignoring you again?"

"You noticed?!" Kihyun gasped as his eyes widened. "He's ignoring me right.. Thats what you call avoiding someone right?"

Hyungwon shrugged before nodding. "Yeah sure. Everyone can see it. Shownu usually likes everyone. He's a people lover... Like a dog. It's a weird that he's ignoring you. Wait- No. It's a mystery."

"Does he hate me? For making him go through all of that. It was my fault you know.. Us getting locked up in the storage was all my fault."

Hyungwon scoffed. "Of course I know that. Shownu is a careful person. He wouldn't do such a clumsy thing unlike someone over here."

Kihyun know Hyungwon meant that as a joke. He sighed and nodded. "You're right."

Hyungwon looked at the shorter male besides him. He looked so down and confused. His mind wandered back to a few days back on the morning of the incident.

The ambulance siren blared outside. "Shownu! Oh my god! Shownu!" Wonho shook his best friend gently, hoping that he would wake up, even if just for a moment.

Shownu's eyes opened a tiny creak. He coughed weakly as his hands began to tremble from the cold. In a hoarse voice he asked, "Is Kihyun alright?"

"What? Dude! You should think about yourself first! That clutz locked you up in there! He confessed his crimes" Hyungwon shouted in an angry fury.

"Hey! Don't scream in the ambulance what's wrong with you." Wonho scolded him with a hiss, hitting him gently on the shoulder.

"It was an accident." Shownu mumbled through his weak, ragged breaths.

"Still-"

Wonho cutted in, "Kihyun is fine. He went to the nurse office earlier. They'll send him home as soon as his parents pick him up."

Shownu let out a relieved breath. "Thats good." His eyes slowly closed and he slipped back into unconsciousness.

Hyungwon blinked at Kihyun who was walking to school, head down in guilt. Wait- Why would the first thing Shownu ask as soon as he got conscious be about Kihyun's condition? He also foolishly gave his sweatshirt to that idiot when he was wearing nothing but a tank top beneath it... He's doing stupid stuffs for once... Wait- No no no.. Could it be?-

"It was in front of me all this time!!!! I got it! Hey!! Kihyun.." Hyungwon caught up with him. He looked at Kihyun with a serious look, almost like a frown. "Shownu has been avoiding you a lot lately, yes?"

Kihyun nodded. "Yeah.. Why?"

Hyungwon looked away from Kihyun as he nodded, putting the puzzle pieces together. "Oh my gosh~ You're really one big idiot, Kihyun."

"I've been told so, yes, please do tell me more.?"

"Drop the sarcasm. It don't suit you. But anyways! You did it!" Hyungwon smirked. "You stole it."

"Wait what?!" Kihyun looked at the taller male. Am I being bullied right now?

"His heart! Don't you get it?! You stole his heart."

"I don't think I understand, Hyungwon.."

Hyungwon grabbed Kihyun's shoulder firmly in his large hands. "Snap out of it, Kihyun! There's only one explanation for all of this! Shownu! He likes you!"