Heartbeat

Kihyun came to school the next morning, full of energy and excitement. He greeted Minhyuk cheerfully with a happy smile, completely relaxed at his second day. When it was lunch time both he and Minhyuk walked side by side to the cafeteria.

They got there earlier than yesterday and luckily were able to get steak. Minhyuk chuckled excitedly in a nearly villainous way as he walked to the same table as yesterday. Changkyun and Jooheon were already there, digging in their lunch.

"Oh, Kihyun bro!" Changkyun waved at him with a large smile and puffed cheeks filled with food. "Come sit over and sit here!!" He scooted to make some space for Kihyun but before Kihyun could settle down, Minhyuk slid besides him and sat down at the reserved seat. Changkyun looked at him with a stunned face. "Are- you ok?"

Minhyuk glared at him. "Why why? Can't I sit besides you sometimes?!" He snapped.

"That's just it though... You never do- that's why it's creepy." Changkyun moved closer too Jooheon who was too busy eating his bacon. He only chuckled quietly at the sight of them.

"Kihyun~ You should sit." Jooheon gestured for Kihyun to sit on the empty bench in front of them.

"Yeah~" Kihyun chuckled and settled down in front of Minhyuk who was already cutting apart his steak and practically inhaled it down.

"Ah! The guys are here~" Wonho smiled as he walked up to them with a steaming cup ramen in his hands. Hyungwon and Shownu followed after him.

Shownu smiled at them and waved as he walked up to them. Wonho settled down besides Jooheon while Shownu slid in besides Kihyun. Hyungwon sat in front of Wonho besides Shownu.

"Isn't this nice! We're all together like this." Wonho chuckled as he mixed up his ramen with the spices.

Shownu made a tsk tsk noise with his tongue as he gave Wonho his cuts of vegetables. "What are you doing eating ramen for breakfast, lunch and dinner?! You won't get an pound of muscles in that way!" He nagged his friend.

Wonho only laughed and took the veggies, winking at Shownu. "Thanks bud."

Hyungwon blinked at them and cleared his throat quietly and proceeded to look down at his plate. He sighed as he ate his rice, his head remained down at his food. Jooheon noticed him and laughed. "Ey Hyungwon. Cheer up. Why do you look so down?"

"Nothing.. it's nothing.." Hyungwon shook his head as he looked up, chewing his food silently.

Jooheon pushed Wonho to the edge of the bench, "Oh dear!! Broo! I'm so sorry." He apologized not looking sorry at all however. "Our baby Changkyun is taking up a lot of space. Sit besides Hyungwon will you. He's hogging all that space with Kihyun and Shownu." He looked up at Hyungwon and winked at him, hiding it in a sly blink and went back to his food.

Kihyun laughed as he observed them. Shownu leaned near Kihyun and whispered. "Hyungwon has like the biggest crush on Wonho. Just so you know what's going on. If you're wondering what going on I mean."

Kihyun mouthed a silent Ohhhhh as he nodded, chuckling under his breath. No wonder he was angry when Wonho had called him a pretty boy. It all made sense now.

Minhyuk looked at the two sharply, a natural-looking smile spread on his lips. "You two are getting closer I see.~"

Kihyun shook his head, "What- n-no no-"

"What do you mean Kihyun! Of course we are!" Shownu cutted in as he draped an arm on Kihyun's shoulder, leaning on the shorter boy. Kihyun froze nervously from being so close to the gentle senior. There wasn't even any gap between them anymore.