*IV

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

Chapter 4

The decision was made. It was dark. He wasn't sure what time it was, maybe around 2 in the morning? The rain had not stopped falling as if the weather was mirroring the same feelings as Louis.

Contrary to how slow and peaceful the rain was falling, inside of Louis a storm was forming. He had cried for hours, his eyes red and puffy. Harry didn't deserve his tears, not a single one!, Yet there he was pouring his eyes and soul out because of him.

It had been after two hours of crying non stop that Louis had decided that he was going to do it. This situation wasn't going to change. Harry would not treat him better. Louis would always have to remain silent, at home and follow orders. He didn't want that anymore. Four months of constantly being held prisoner and restrained was enough for him.

Louis is looking out the window, waiting in silence for the taxi he had  called not more than ten minutes ago. He could hear the plop of the small watery drops, splashing against his bedroom window. That sound calmed him in a kind of way.

The decision to leave Harry, and run away had come as an  epiphany in one of the worst scenarios of his miserable life. The first place he thought of going was his own town, but he couldn't go there where his family is. Harry would find him in a second and the consequences terrified him. He didn't know what the man would do to him if he found where Louis would be.

A little suitcase was placed in the middle of the room with his most essential clothes and toiletries. In the morning he would withdraw some money from his bank account, enough so he could lay low for some time and then search for a job and continue his life.

As soon as he saw a little black car with the small yellow 'TAXI' sign on top of it, he put a grey beanie on his head and zipped his coat to his chin. Louis grabbed his suitcase and slowly opened the bedroom door, looking around the hallway and listening for any movement inside the house.

Nothing.

He started walking in silence, being careful to not make any noise to draw attention. The suitcase was heavy, so he carried it with both of his hands in front of him, paying close attention to where he was stepping.

Waking Harry up was the last thing he wanted to do right now. After what seemed like an hour he opened the front door and closed it quietly. The crisp, cold, air that came with the rain filled his lungs. He closed his eyes and then inhaled and exhaled a couple of times.

He did it. Freedom!

He placed the suitcase on the floor and started walking to the taxi, waiting at the front gate.

He greeted the driver. The first thing Louis did was tell him the place he planned on going. A hotel just outside of London. That would do for a couple of days.

The driver put his suitcase in the trunk of the car and minutes later, the car hit the road moving away from the house and man that ruined his life. Nothing good could be related to that house.

As easy as breathing, Louis had did it with difficulty in all the months of being married to the devil.
Now he could do it easily, and fill his lungs with oxygen and start his new life.

Arriving at the hotel he checked in and went to the room he had reserved, he threw the suitcase mindlessly inside the big space. He dropped his worn out and tired body on the bed without even trying to get out off his clothes first.

Louis looked at the ceiling of the dark room for a long moment as if that piece of wall had the answers to what he was going to do next. A lot of options came to his mind but none of them seemed good enough.

None of his friends or family could know where he was. He had to start everything from scratch, but Louis didn't mind. For once in his life, he was determined to be a little selfish with his actions.

When he made the decision to leave he had thought it over and over. What would his family think? His parents had only him in this world, and he was leaving without telling them where. Agony and desperation would trouble his parents, without knowing where Louis was. Amongst those feelings, disappointment was going to be there too. Their son hadn't known how to work his marriage. Louis hadn't been smart enough to see Harry's true colors to put an end to this farce. Now his parents were going to pay along with him for his mistakes too.

He would miss Niall's jokes and Zayn's indifference. His best friends would be shocked when they learned about his disappearance. No one ever would be able to fill their place, even if he finds new friends.

Then there is Harry. The cause of all this drama. The reason he had cried so much and would still cry for a long time, even if he escaped from his evil grasp. What would Harry feel when he woke up in the morning and found out Louis wasn't there? Maybe it would take Harry days or even weeks to notice that Louis was missing. Would Harry insult or even attack his parents for Louis escaping?

Louis shook his head hard as if this would help him shake off all those bad thoughts. He got up and took off his beanie, his coat and his sneakers. Then he went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on his face. It would help him relax and think clearer.

Walking back into the room he checked the time on his phone and then he remembered to turn it off. If the phone was off he wouldn't be as tempted to check if anyone had thought about him at all.

He decided that the day was over and done with so, he slid under the covers of the queen sized bed, his body liked the feeling of cold and clean sheets. Closing his eyes the only thing that came to his mind was the disgusting view of Harry and that woman.

That beautiful woman. Louis knew about his lovers, only a stupid one wouldn't know, with Harry making it pretty obvious with leaving his bedroom door open when one of his mistresses came to their house. Louis could hear a lot of the things that would happen in there, Harry had made sure of it.

Louis had forgotten to close the blinds of the room, the sun making his eyes crinkle when he opened them. The sun was in the sky, as if last night it hadn't been raining at all.

He looked around the room, propping himself on his elbows, and realized that he wasn't in that house anymore. He did it, he really did. He plopped back on the big warm bed smiling a little to himself, enjoying the comfortable feeling of the mattress.

His stomach was what made him realize that he hadn't had a bite in about 24 hours. He ordered a bowl of fruit salad, a glass of orange juice and a cup of tea. That much his stomach could handle. Hopefully.

Getting up from the bed, he went to the bathroom and had a warm shower. His being had dreaded for that warm to wrap him as if Louis had been left in the cold for far too long.

When he walked out the bathroom he put on some comfortable clothes, and at the same time, his breakfast came. He thanked the room service attendant and tipped him.

Louis tried to digest as much as he could of the fruit salad. Finishing most of his breakfast he thought of turning on his phone but immediately put that thought away. It was too soon to check it, not even twelve hours from when he had left.

Then there was silence, his old friend. Nothing to do but just wait. He decided to have a movie marathon because he didn’t have a lot of options. He couldn't go out, because someone could see him.

The first movie choice was 'Inception'. He had watched it a couple of times, and every time he had, he could understand it better. Besides, Tom Hardy and Leonardo DiCaprio in one movie was never a bad idea.

That was how the day went. Movie after movie. Eventually, Louis got bored and decided to turn off the television. He wanted to distract himself with something that would prevent him from thinking, that's all he had done most of the time.

He got up from the black leather couch that was at the end of the bed and in front of the television, and went to the large picture window that gave him an entire view of the city. It had started raining again, the weather turned gloomy and grey.

The weather wasn't stable, same as Louis emotions. It was getting darker too, meaning another useless day was going to end soon. He watched outside for a long time, passengers rushing on the streets with their umbrella's open, going somewhere with a single destination on their minds.

After a while, he retreated to bed deciding he had waited enough to check his phone. Maybe someone had missed him. Maybe his parents, or his friends. Maybe someone had noticed him not being there. But whomever that someone was, it would never be Harry.

He turned on his phone and waited patiently for the screen to get ready. After what seemed an eternity, the phone was ready. He waited a couple of minutes to wait if any notifications would appear, but as always he was disappointed. Nothing came, not a single message or a missed phone call.

He turned it off again. What now?

Louis closed his eyes, maybe sleep would be kind enough to come and take him away.

After a couple of minutes, a knock was heard on his hotel room door. Maybe a notification from the front desk. . He got up lazily, sighing to himself and with slow steps went to the door.

"Who is it?" Louis asked waiting for an answer.

"It's me, darling. Your hubby."

Louis’ body went cold. No no no! It couldn't be him! How did Harry find him? His fingers numb on the doorknob, his mouth dry and if his eyes could go wider, his eyeball's would fall out.

After taking a few breaths in and out, and swallowing hard enough he was sure Harry had heard it even if he was behind the door, Louis talked, "W-what are you doing h-here?"

"Open up Louis. You wouldn't want anyone to hear our private conversation now would you?"

"No, I won't. Go away, Harry. Leave me the hell alone!"

"I said open up Louis! Now that I found where you are, you have to be dumb as fuck, if you think I am leaving this place without you." Harry responded calmly, but Louis knew that he was waiting to be inside the room for the typhoon to start.

"I won't harm you. I promise." Harry added.

Louis didn't respond. He started pacing the room, thinking of how he could get out of this, but nothing seemed possible. He was on the ninth floor of the hotel for him to climb out of the window, the room didn't have another door, so once again he was trapped. He felt caged. His plan was ruined in mere seconds.

He went to the front door and mentally prepared himself for the worst, for bodyguards to take a hold of him and brutally yank his body out of the room.

Louis opened the door slowly and saw the face he had wanted to get away from. Harry was standing there alone. Louis darted his head from left to right making sure no one would catch him by surprise, but saw no one.

Harry stood there wearing a black shirt with thin white stripes, his first three buttons undone, revealing his swallow tattoos. His long hair swept to the side, and piercing green eyes making Louis feel as if he was standing there naked in the middle of Antarctica.

"I'm alone. The bodyguards are waiting in the car." Harry walked pass Louis entering the hotel room. "I thought you were smarter Louis. We had established the rules. You are married to me. You can't go anywhere, you know that." He looked around the room and then decided to sit on the couch.

"Why do you want me to come back, Harry? I am exhausted from this shitty situation. I've had enough. Give me the divorce and we will both be happy." Louis said after closing the door, and taking a few steps away from it.

Harry's evil laughter filled the room. "Divorce!? You ain't going anywhere. You agreed to marry me. I will never give you a divorce. Ever. Stick it in that thick brain of yours. I won't be one of those pathetic men that get left by their husband merely a few months into the marriage, with nothing but a failed marriage in their file."

"Failed marriage in their file? What is this marriage then, Harry? Happy and faithful is not the right answer. Let me go. I don't want the company, nor your money. Nothing! Just let me go and let me have a life, somewhere away from you! It would be better for both of us." Louis started pacing once again the pleading in his voice never leaving him.

"Nothing you say will make me change my mind. Forget about getting divorced! I don't fucking care what you want. Everything will go as I say. As it has been for these past months," looking Louis in the eyes, to show him that he meant every word.

"How did you find me?" Louis gave up and sat on the bed, resting his elbows on his knees and his head between his shoulders.

"Do you not know who I am? Nothing is impossible for me. Then again it’s not as if you left the city, or even country, which by the way I would have found you either way." Harry stated, propping one leg over the other looking around the room bored.

"Why me Harry? What have I done to you? Why did you decide to get married to me, when being married is the last thing that you want?"

"I told you. Power, money. Our companies united makes me the CEO of one of the most important distributor's of this country. Now pack up your things and get ready to go home."

"Home?! That place is not my home. That is a house where I am held as a prisoner. Where you bring your bitches every other night to keep you entertained. That's what that place is!" Louis got up from the bed standing in front of Harry now.

Harry sensed his determination and got up too. He got closer to Louis, and there they were again so close to each other, but only from resent and hatred. He grabbed Louis' chin and raised his face to look him in the eye. "So this is what this is all about? Me bringing my girls to the house? Why? Are you jealous Louis? Do you want to be one of them?" Harry smirked.

"I would prefer being buried alive than to be one of your hookers. I don't care what you do or who you do. I just don't want their presence to offend me in my own house. That's all." Louis lied. It would hurt too much to accept the truth that yes, Louis had wanted Harry only for himself, and his heart shattered every time Harry brought someone home.

Louis pulled away from Harry's touch and waited for the insult or the laughter to his face. Harry, however, did none of those. He simply sat down and looked as if he was thinking.

Before Harry could respond, Louis’ memories got to him and he spoke again, "Why did you tell Liam? You told me that no one has to know about our situation or was that just for my side? You disgust me, Harry."

"Liam is my best friend. My brother. He knew what was going to happen even before you did. Be careful how you talk to me, Louis! You know it's not pretty when I get mad."

"Do what you want. I don't care anymore. I am not going back with you. You would have to drag me out of here."

"You are braver than I thought. I gotta give you that. First, you slap me, then you escape, you ask me for a divorce, and you mention my girls. Good job, Louis. I wonder where you got all this newfound bravery from, hmm?"

"Myself. You expect me to follow your orders like a trained dog. News flash Harry. I am human. I have feelings and I got tired. I have nothing to lose anymore..." Louis sighed.

Harry remained silent again. Eyes zeroed in on the floor, one hand under his chin, the other resting on the back of the couch. "What if I propose an agreement?" He seemed serious about what he had just stated.

"What kind of agreement?" Louis got curious and interested all of a sudden, placing his hand on his back, while looking out the window.

"I will not bring any of my lovers home anymore, never again, but you will come willingly tonight with me, without causing a scene."

Louis thought about it. Harry wouldn't stop having lovers, at least they wouldn't be smacked in Louis' face anymore, but that wasn't the only thing Louis wanted.

"That, and I want to work at the company. I finished my studies for something. I don't want to stay home anymore."

"No deal. I don't want to have you there too."

"Then as I said you will have to drag me out of here. With bodyguards and all. If you manage to get me home, I will make your life miserable. I will not stop escaping, I will tell our parents about our situation too." Louis turned around and crossed his arms over his chest, popping a hip and tapping the floor with his left foot.

"Unbelievable. You think you have an option?" Harry raised his brow.

"I don't. I am making one myself. I don't have another choice. You left me none."

"Okay. Fine. You will have an office and attend meetings. But my word will be more important than yours. Deal?"

Louis couldn't believe he got Harry to accept his deal. He was ecstatic! He wasn't going to be as miserable as he was. As useless as he had felt, but he didn't show the excitement to Harry, trying to remain as calm as he could.

"Deal. Now go and wait for me in the car. I will be ready in 10 minutes." Louis started to get his suitcase from beside the bed.

"I will wait here, thank you, and don't forget, no more running away. This is the first and last time that I will tolerate that kind bullshit."

"Okay." Louis agreed and gathered his belongings from the room. He wanted to change his clothes but he decided against it with Harry in the room.

They left the room and got on the elevator. The silence was awkward but the only thing that mattered to Louis was the agreement he and Harry made.

When they were on the first floor Louis started walking to the front desk, suitcase in his left hand and the grey coat in the other, but a hand in his shoulder stopped him in his tracks.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked when Louis turned his head to look at him confused.

"To the front desk. I’m going to check out."

"I already took care of it. Let's go."

"You knew you were going to get me out of here, didn't you?"

"Of course. I always get what I want. I already told you that. Now let’s move."

Louis started walking toward the car when they exited the hotel, but Harry rushed him out since they didn't have an umbrella.

He got inside the car, greeting Jeffrey first. He pushed his wet bangs off his forehead, closed his eyes and rested his head on the back of the car seat. He heard Harry's voice from the outside giving orders to the bodyguards in the car behind them, before he got in the same car as Louis, sitting beside him.

After a couple of second's Jeffrey started the car and Louis mentally prepared himself to  go back to that house. The house that he seemed could not get away from.

_________________________________