*XII

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

Chapter 12

The only thing Louis could do nowadays was trying to forget about what had happened at home by working tirelessly. That's what he is doing now. Sitting in front of his laptop in his office, typing away all the information he needs for the meeting with the German company about the new cargo trucks they were going to hire. Planning and numbers were all the things that crowded his mind and Louis couldn't be happier.

It had been four days since the kiss, and Harry had been the same as always, not the least bit affected by it.

Louis finished typing as he hit the end of the last page, then checked and proof-read it for any mistakes in numbers. Being content with his working, Louis sighed in relief and closed the page after saving the changes, and rubbed his eyes. The only thing that remained to be done was to hope that by over-working the past few days would have its rewards.

The buzz from his phone diverted Louis' attention, so he checked to see who it was.

Unknown Number: hello :)

Louis furrowed his brows, then looked around the room as if he would find the answer of who it was. Maybe, someone had sent the text mistaking Louis' number for someone else, so Louis decided that the best thing he could do was ignore it and go on with his day.

Louis got up from his desk and went for the coffee machine, on the coffee table near the window. After filling his mug, he blew at the hot liquid then took a small sip of it. As soon as the coffee passed his throat he hummed in content. Louis looked at the clock and saw that he had a half an hour to go home, so he decided to enjoy his spare time looking at the view out his office window.

The phone buzzed again, and Louis turned his back to the window and checked who it was again.

Unknown Number: It's Chuck. Sorry for not introducing myself on that first text. Hope you don't mind me having your number? :P

Louis smiled at the text, placing the mug on his desk he decided to save Chuck's number. He typed a response.

Louis: Hey, sorry for not replying but as you said I didn't know who you were. How did you get my number? If you don't mind me asking.

Louis took the mug and the phone again and turned around to the window to enjoy the view. A minute passed when a text arrived again.

Chuck: Niall gave it to me. Hope you won't be mad at him.

Louis rolled his eyes fondly. Of course, Niall would give his number to Chuck. Zayn must've made him do it. He thought.

Louis: Nah, don't worry, he's good :).

Chuck: So, I was wondering would you like to go out tonight and see the new John Wick movie? I heard it has fantastic reviews.

Louis tensed at the text. He didn't like where this was going. He tried to formulate the most polite and funny text to decline him, to not make a big deal out of it.

Louis: You know I can't date right? I'm a little bit married :P.

Chuck: I know I know, I have good intentions ;). So, what about that movie? Just as friends.

Louis pursed his lips thinking. Chuck said it was just in a friendly way, and Louis, in the situation that he was, needed to get out and meet new people, just to freshen up his life.

Louis: sure then. We could invite Ni too.

Chuck: Niall has a date tonight. It's just me and you. So?